Extracter Fan in Conservatory Double Glazing

I have a bog standard double-glazed conservatory, all the walls/door are plastic and it has a sloping roof. The top half of all the walls/door are double glazed, of course, with small rectangular opening windows at the top of two of the walls.

I would like to fit a small extractor fan into the double glazing. I smoke in the conservatory and not having to have a window open in the Winter would make life a lot more comfortable for me.

Is it possible/practical to fit an extractor fan into conservatory double- glazing ?

Can any of you incredibly knowledgeable people suggest any alternative ?

Any advice or assistance would be gratefully received.

George

Reply to
George

It would probably be easiest to replace the sealed unit in one of the opening toplights with a fan mounted in a panel of the same thickness - that way you can just clip it in, and replace it with the original unit if required.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Yes

There's a section in the FAQ about fitting a catflap into double glazing, which should be helpful:

Alternatively, why not take this as an opportunity to give up smoking? :-)

David

Reply to
Lobster