External wall woes

is the correct answer

Reply to
stuart noble

You obviously missed, couldn't understand or completely ignored this message in that thread:

I've been plastering on and off for 30 years and I know that it takes twice as long to get one coat flat than it does with two coats, everyone else knows this too, so this is what they do, you don't have to if you don't want, and if you've only got a few patches to do, then it's fine to do it in one, but when you've got several rooms and ceilings to do, or even full houses, everything gets two coats, it gives you more time to first coat new walls, IE mix 1 - first coat a ceiling mix 2 - first coat 2 walls in a different room mix 3 - second coat ceiling and first coat another wall mix 4 - second coat first two walls mix 5 - second coat third wall and so on

So you plaster one wall with one coat, stand around waiting for 30 minutes for it to become ready for trowelling, trowel it up, then repeat for the second wall? You can't get a second wall on while the first is going off, and moreover, if you did, the 2nd wall would be rock hard by the time you'd trowelled the first So in a day you might get four walls done - bravo - you've saved four quids worth of plaster - you can go and spend it on some frostproofer, while anyone who has plastered before will have done two or three rooms

It's likely to be still frozen if it's been below zero for a week and only above zero for a day or two, like it had when the OP suggested rendering his wall

Reply to
Phil L

you are a troll and I claim my =A35:-

you cannot substantiate your arguments when challenged.

you attempt to change key factual aspects of threads when you are losing such arguments - i.e. you make bullshit up to try and cover your sad BS arse.

you resort to swear words.

you resort to golden bollox phrases like "that's what we all do" to try to promote your opinion in a herd mentality like manner - yet no- one agrees.

you can't spell.

you are a prolific usenet poster - and usually end up in arguments or resort to using playground insults to other posters in threads when they challenge your "opinions"

I wish you a merry christmas you sad git ;>D

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Translation: I can't understand what you are trying to explain

You used 'bollox pal' as your first response to me and I didn't swear until you started chatting s**te, which has been every post since

A brief googling proves otherwise, but I don't think you are capable of using a search engine yet

And it took you over half an hour to think of this? - why didn't you post it in the above reply?

Using words like y'all, sonny, mom etc, are you sure you're not American? - in which case I apologise, I assumed I was speaking to an adult.

I see you've managed to work google groups search, congrats, that's another thing you're 'expert' in now.

I see from you demeanour in the past 2 posts that you have given up, well done, you know it makes sense, that is, when you're stuck in a hole, stop digging.

Reply to
Phil L

you are a troll (NB with two L's as well ;>)!)

Merry Trollmas

XX

Reply to
Jim K

Ok, just be carefull whose toes you tread on in future, merry plastermas

Reply to
Phil L

Ho ho ho Rest assured I'll be watching out for your next demonstration of that famous intelect with interest trolly old boy:-D

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

PS only one L in careful