External Rendering Steel "Beads" Rusting through render

Both my house and my fathers house have rust lines coming throught the External Render,
Mine is due to a steel edging bead on my bay window and my fathers is due to steel bell lip (or what ever they are called) above his windows (his house is also next to the sea and the salt in the air obviously doesn't help).
Any thoughts on a way to stop the rust coming through,
Chris

Obviously poor galvanizing. I've had the same thing *inside* the kitchen, where the rust came through the wall covering. I treated it with car rustkiller - Jenolite - and covered it with PVC tape. This seems to have prevented it showing through yet - but outside would be, I'd guess, a different matter.

Only the above. Once rust has started it tends to carry on regardless, as in old cars, where the only real option is to cut it out and replace with new metal.
If ever there was a case for a stainless material, this is it, as render etc should last for many years more than this strip appears to.
--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *

Dave Plowman wrote:

I've just seem some rendering done on a new quality property and the visible steel strips are stainless.
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:29:11 +0100, "BillR"

Yes some recent work I have had done had a stainless steel bead ....
http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/house/dpc/P1010105.jpg
(hope those nails are treated as well)
Doesn't help with original problem though, where the metal is very close to the surface perhaps some smooth hammerite would help (it worked on an old Ford Cortina for many years!) ?
Chris