External insulation

Some 1920/30s council houses near me are being externally clad in Kingspan and then rendered with something. The appearance is good but I am wondering how it will cope the a bit of rough treatment. I haven't seen the rendering being done so I don't know if it has any special poperties. If it works it could be a good way of improving the u value of the walls. It will soon be time for some of the tennants to afix their illuminated Santas unless they have been prohibited.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

There have been some dodgy systems about in the past. I think they have improved a lot these days.

Reply to
harry

I saw the first Xmas decorations on Friday morning - possibly a test ready for the December celebrations but knowing that estate then probably not.

Reply to
ARW

Ha! The supermarkets have had Christmas food on sale since the middle of October.

Reply to
John Williamson

Indeed they have. However, oddly, not all the "best before" dates last until Xmas.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Many houses around here being done recently - looks like some private landl= ords or Council doing them in bulk. As I drive past, looks like 50mm pink i= nsulation - I had some of that from seconds&co but cannot remember the manu= facturer. Presumably being rendered over with mesh and a plasticized render= . I'll walk past sometime and give it a poke. Hopefully my finger won't get s= tuck ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Tesco in Dorchester had Christmas Puddings and mince pies in September.

Reply to
Huge

They assume you're going to eat it and have to replace it before Xmas.

Reply to
Huge

I bought mince pies in Waitrose last week, half price because the sell by date was 1 November.

Reply to
djc

Do that. Seriously. I'd like to know

Reply to