exterior painting

Hi what is the most suitable paint or stain for painting my exterior woodwork and window frames? I have been using Ronseal mahogany wood stain every couple of years, goes on a lot better than paint, but was wondering if there was anything better. This is what was suggested when the house was built in 1991.

Also I have pine boards on the ceiling of my open to the outside porch and some of them are stained by water at the corners so they look a greyish colour. Is there anything I can do to get the colour back to match the rest? These are varnished with Ronseal marine varnish Thanks Ron

Reply to
Rocket Ron

Probably not. Check that it's not a problem with the varnish peeling off. You might be able to streak it with some coloured varnish to disguise the stain.

Reply to
Chris Bacon