Exterior Noise When Wearing H/Phones: Possy OT

Perhaps, though IIRC "Relax" had a pounding beat as well.

Reply to
Mortimer

Or, just left their 'noise' blaring out just to wind you up.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Rectilinear propagation - HTH

Reply to
geoff

Ah - the sound travels up your arse?

Reply to
Rod

Probably the type of person - who feels thet others should enjoy their music.

Reply to
John

Old wife's tale, I'm afraid. The pressure waves generated by the speaker will still come through the floor.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , John writes

Didn't you know ?

I've just bought the house next door to yours ...

Reply to
geoff

I refer the lerned gentleman to the thread concerning explosive gas mixtures --->

Reply to
geoff

Not that I approve of such a thing, but if you want a really loud speaker, use something like the Mythbusters 50 inch cone driven directly by a crank on the driveshaft of a diesel Mercedes.

Reply to
Matty F

...which was substantively the same as the main part of my answer, which ran:

"One possibility is that by isolating yourself from air-borne acoustic reality in your own room, you are allowing your brain to concentrate more fully on the structure-borne noise...".

Reply to
JNugent

Maybe you should desist from replying in such fancy-dan terms then and more notice might be taken .:-)

Reply to
fictitiousemail

You clearly don't know Mr Nugent...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

LOL!

Fuck me, the guy was only trying to help!

Reply to
Ed Chilada

There is more than one way to skin a cat ( or give a helpful answer ) :-)

Reply to
fictitiousemail

I apologise for suggesting that you have a brain.

Reply to
JNugent

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com scribeth thus

I just thank that day when I managed to afford a DETACHED house:))

Never known it so good:)))....

Reply to
tony sayer

It's possible to provide adequate sound insulation at build time for very little additional cost. A pal has a modern timber framed brick faced semi with excellent insulation between the two houses. Even although the general construction is rubbish. Problem usually is conversions of houses into flats. When it was a house you just told the kids upstairs to shut up. ;-)

I've got a Victorian halls adjoining semi which also gives decent sound insulation between the living areas.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)