extensions and planning/building regs

My next door person of a semi has submitted a plan for a full width rear single storey extension in a 40 ft garden.
I saw the plans and it has a very high roof very visible from our kitchen window and has numerous details missing eg missing soakaway thet drained both properties rear gutter and footings in ches away from sewer pipe to rest of street.
The planning officer says I cannot object on the small details as its building regs which he does not deal with; I can only object to loss of light and appearance,design.
Surely the location of services is part of the design or is this too simple?
thanks, Steve

single storey extension in a 40 ft garden.

kitchen window and has numerous details missing eg missing soakaway thet drained both properties rear

building regs which he does not deal with; I can only object to loss of light and appearance,design.

simple?
'Fraid that's too simple!
The planners are concerned purely with the *visual* aspects.
The building control department is concerned with the *functional* aspects - with specific reference to compliance with the building regs - and aren't too fussy what it looks like.
Of course, if the appearance has to be changed as a consequence of meeting the building regs, it becomes a planning matter again.
Roger
When we applied for permission to build our extension, we got an architect friend to draw up some outline plans which we submitted with the initial planning application, these contain very little detail but gave a good indication of what we were planning. Once approval had been given, we then needed to apply for building regulations approval and had to have a more detailed set of plans drawn up which covered all of the details which I expect you think are missing from your neighbours plans. Depending on your local building control office, your neighbour may be able to proceed on a 'Building Notice' rather than a 'Full Plans' submission, but if this happens, all of the details will be checked on-site by the building control officer. Regardless of which method is used, the BCO will want to examine the work at various stages to ensure compliance with the regulations. Rest assured, the BCO's are very keen on checking all of the underground work, especially the drains. Just be careful that you are not just looking for an excuse to object rather than having a valid reason for objecting.
Thanks all for your replies which wereas helpful in wording my main objection . It looks like my concerns about building regs will be dealt with later and may cause them to resubmit amended plans which will just waste their time and money!
Steve