extension support

I have a 1930's style end of terrace house with a double-storey extension on the side. The extension is slightly wider than a garage and about 40' in depth. The downstairs room is divided by a wall made of thin breeze blocks. The external wall is a breeze block/ brick hollow wall. I believe it was built in the early 1970's. My question relates to the ground floor internal wall as I want to knock it down. I know for certain that it is not supporting anything above but wonder if it is supporting the side wall. It runs at right angles from the original wall (ie parallel to the front of the house) as do the wooden beems supporting the ceiling/ first floor. I am concerned as if I knock it down I will have a two storey wall approx 40' in depth possibly not supported.Can anyone tell me if it would be normal to build this internal wall to support a side wall or is it normal practice for any lateral support to be provided by the wooden beams between the two floors? TIA Steve

Reply to
Stephen Chard