Extension building guide

Since starting my current business, I've mainly focussed on interiors, with the occasional exception of garden decking projects, with the most recent involving significant structural components. Otherwise, its mostly internal refurbs involving kitchens, bathrooms, flooring and stud partitioning etc.

During this time, I've always had a goal to eventually take on a complete extension build project, when the time was right. I think that time is now, and I have been invited to quote on such a project. I have a lot of trade skills under my belt and have access to the right sub-contractors, to take on the stuff I can't do myself.

Its the choreography that I not confident with and making sure that everything comes together, within acceptable timeframes and boundaries, as I know that costs can quickly mount up if this breaks down.

I'm after some step-by-step guidelines, in the form of a book or the like, that I can refer to as I go, and can use to help me plan ahead. Something that can identify the unknowns that I'm likely to experience.

Can anyone offer up the existence of such a resource, and where I might be able to acquire it?

Many thanks, deano.

Reply to
deano

You could do worse than to read Laurie Williamson's book which I recommended in another thread earlier today:

in case the long reference doesn't work]

Chances are that your local library will have a copy which you can borrow.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Jesus wept

Reply to
Phil L

The Housebuilder's bible is pretty good too: or

David

Reply to
Lobster