Extending gas bonding

There is an earth bonding cable running from the gas meter to the CU but has been fitted to run over the surface in an unsightly way. To hide it I will have to extend it and go the long way round. I understand bonding has now been frowned upon - so before I embark on this awkward task - is it necessary? (Edinburgh flat)

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

Main bonding is still needed!

a 10mm through crimp is what you need (and a pair of crimpers)

Reply to
ARW

"Geoff Pearson" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Electrical cross bonding for the gas meter is still a requirement.

It is also required to run ubroken (no joins)

If your meter is outside then it is prefered that the bonding connection should be as close as possible where the pipe comes into the building on the inside.

Heliotrope Smith