extending cable length of low voltage lighting

I have been looking into low voltage under-cabinet lighting. However, the length of cable supplied tends to be short (2m typically), whereas I need approx 4 metres. The kits that I have been looking at have AMP connectors on the cables:

1/
Item 22930 from Screwfix

Is there anywhere I can buy ready-made cables (of appropriate cross- sectional area) with AMP connectors in longer lengths?

Thanks

Julian

Reply to
noos999

halogens arent the best option for this, they create v and heat, which stored foods above dont like.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

where v = glare

Reply to
meow2222

I've seen a few cases of those connectors burned out. When I've used LV halogen kits, I've normally cut those connectors off and made permanent connections (unless the lamp power is very low). You can use mains cable, but bear in mind the current is 20 times higher than it would be for a mains light, and it's more important that you limit the voltage drop or the lamps will be slightly dimmed.

If this is for under cupboard lighting in a kitchen, you'll find 20W rather bright/hot. I would suggest 10W max, or better still, use thin fluorescent fittings.

If you are intent on using halogens, Ikea do a unit with 2 or 3 10W lamps which takes a mains feed directly...

Andrew Gabriel

of curiosity, I tried playing with that URL. If you change the storeId=7 to different values, you get the price in other countries. storeid=4 is the price in France, which is the same in Euros as the UK price in pounds. Same with storeid=9 for Holland. Italy and Spain have to pay more, but UK is the highest price, at least in Europe.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Hey Andrew, can you email me with an address that doesn't go nowhere?

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

Interesting. It's ?29.95 in France, but even so....

VAT is higher in France (19.6 IIRC) so on the net price of the item even bigger difference.

Reply to
Andy Hall