Extend Light switch

Hi all,

I've got a light switch in my cupboard under the stairs. Its a surface mounted box with the grey t&e cable going into it. I would like to extend the grey cable about 2 feet (no i cant renew the cable so its 1 continous length) whats the best way to connect them.?

Regards

Joe.

Reply to
Joe

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:45:54 -0000 someone who may be Joe wrote this:-

A junction box

are other gadgets which will do the same job and some look prettier, but under the stairs a junction box is generally best.

Take the usual precautions before working on the circuit.

Reply to
David Hansen

"Joe" wrote

Turn off the power! Cut the cable back to an unobtrusive point. Install trunking for remaining old cable and run into joint box. Run new cable (of same capacity) in trunking from joint box to new switch position. Connect light feed into switch adding trunking for this also if possible.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

connector strip in the existing back box, with a blanking plate over it. Then you can re-use the switch at the new location.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Just the info I was looking for guys - cheers

Joe.

Reply to
Joe