Experiences with ground source heat pumps?

Or less, see my other post.

Who knows? Presumably it's related to charges made by the old regional supplier (who still maintain the network below 125kV in that region) to the other supplies for use of their network to deliver power not bought from them, IYSWIM.

Maintaining the Scottish network must be more expensive per customer than Norweb simply due to the vastly increased area and much lower population.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I agree it's not particulary clear and I suspect a side effect of using silly .pdf files for the information rather than dynamic web pages generated from a database.

Aye, it was the second increase in less than 12 months that pee'd me off enough to move the main account, the other two (very low useage ATM) are staying with PowerGen. The switch 'n save websites pointed me to Scottishpower, who does a get a good customer care rating on those sites.

Mind you I'm not overly impressed so far, the email/electronic methods don't seem to talk very well with snailmail/telephone side particulary well. Like they duplicate each other with a few days delay for the snailmail...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Stop press - Scottish Power announced rises of up to 11.6% today !!!!!!!

MPs are to hold an investigation into energy prices.

Reply to
G&M

I sincerely hope they are going to honour their commitment to the capped price tariff I am currently signed up for until 2006...

Reply to
John Laird

I guessed that there would be across the board increases before the end of the year. Any proper details anywhere or just a no real content press release?

Still worse case 11.6% on 5p only brings it up to 5.58p, still 0.76p cheaper than PowerGens *pre increase* price and 1.42p cheaper than the post increase Tier 2 price or about =A330 each quarter...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I guessed that there would be across the board increases before the end of the year. Any proper details anywhere or just a no real content press release?

Still worse case 11.6% on 5p only brings it up to 5.58p, still 0.76p cheaper than PowerGens *pre increase* price and 1.42p cheaper than the post increase Tier 2 price or about £30 each quarter...

Apparently a 'Back Bencher' is calling for a Commons debate next week on these proposed rises.

Mind you, the speed they work, it'll probably take seven years ;-)

Brad.

Reply to
brad

Suprisingly the Press Release contains real infromation!

?rev=3D2"Gas prices throughout the UK will rise by 11.8% and electricity prices by 8% in the traditional ScottishPower and Manweb areas and 9% in the rest of the UK. The increases, effective from 4 October, are in response to the continued rise in wholesale energy costs, which have increased by 25% since March this year."

So being Electricity and Norweb it's 9% so I go up to 5.45p/unit (+ VAT), nearly 2p/unit cheaper than the post increase PowerGen Tier 2 or about =A340/qtr cheaper (2,200 units/qtr average).

All I have to worry about now is the price of kerosene, I dread to think what that is ATM. Brent Crude is roughly $10/barrel or 1/3 higher than it was at the begining of the year.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Just had a Powergen flyer announcing a Capped price offer - a price freeze until 31 July 2006. The T&C don't seem to contain anything significant, so I am looking for the hitch.

I'm guessing that either they want to lock in customers and stop them switching, or don't plan (or wouldn't be permitted) rises in that period.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

IMHO it would be an unfair term to actually stop you switching but of course you will feel that as you are paying a premium you ought to stick with it rather than "waste" that money.

It's a gamble, will the average price of power rise enough and for long enough in the next 22 months such that you recoup the costs of the premium you pay before any such price rises. Bear in mind that Powergen have put their prices up (for the Norweb region) twice this year, I'd hope the regulator would have something to say about another increase before at least this time next year. On the other hand the price of crude is high and seems to be staying high...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I haven't seen any details of a "premium", where is that information?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

When I briefly looked at the Scottish Power capped tarrif its was about a few tenths of a penny more per unit than their Standing Charge Online tarrif. As most of these companies operate more or less under the same conditions their tarrif structures really only vary on price and cheap to supply "extras" like Tesco points...

Bit like you pay a bit more per unit if you got for "green" power.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I asked Scottish Power customer services why their prices were 38% dearer in the Scottish Power region compared to Norweb.

They replied that the price was similar and not 38% different. I checked again and since the recent price rises the prices are indeed now similar.

I can only assume that they were trying to build a larger customer base and now hope that their new customers now can't be bothered changing.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan Campbell

Having signed up at 5.01p/unit + VAT (but online documentation shows

5.00p) and "supplied" by Scottish Power since 3rd Sep I am still waiting to be offically told of any price rise due, ISTR, in 2 days time...
Reply to
Dave Liquorice