Expensive chimney lining ?

re:

But stoves give out a lot hotter exhaust gas than coal fires.

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

george [dicegeorge] wibbled on Saturday 13 February 2010 20:46

True - but the stack only needs to cope with the bleed heat from the liner as opposed to the full force of the fumes.

My point was that liner sans vermiculite is probably a similar thermal load on the masonry as an open fire. Haven't had an open fire for a long time so I don't have good recollection of how warm breasts got. My stack is nice and warm now, right up to the next floor, on both sides (it's a middle of the house stack) so the waste heat is quite useful... I'll see if the plaster falls off, but it hasn';t yet ;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

I think you want to tell me whether my HETAS engineer has breached regulations or not. I'm not sure why you want to, though. I didn't ask for a second opinion. Rather I was pointing out that, AFAIAA regulations do not absolutely require a chimney liner to be fitted in all cases.

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

fair enough, no opinion proffered - relax, enjoy, get some CO detectors ;>)

Reply to
JimK

but not as much by volume...that's the point of them innit?

JimK

Reply to
JimK