Expanding foam - recommendations

I need to fill a gap between my chipboard floor and the skirting before I get a new carpet (The gap is up to 1 cm in places - but I am not going to move the skirting - too disruptive. The gap will be hidden by a light carpet - hence the reason I want to fill the gap to prevent dirt being blown in.

I am thinking that a caulk / mastic will use too much and am considering an expanding foam. Any recommendations? I guess one can will go as far as about

3 cartridges and will reach in further.
Reply to
John

Newspaper.

pete

-- hhtp://

Gym Equipment & Fitness Equipment
with some great deals to be had just phone.

Reply to
gymratz

I had wondered about that - is it worth damping it with a weak PVA first?

Reply to
John

You could make up a load of papier mache

Reply to
Stuart B

Just make sure you read

Chris J Dixon

Fill your canoe while you're at it :-)

John Stumbles

Reply to
John

Thanks - decided to roll up newspaper and shove it in and then cover with a coating of caulk.

Reply to
John

Don't see why you'd want to. It would just make mess. all yo are trying to do stop a draught if there is one. Baffling it up with newspaper stuffing would do that perfectly well. If it's then going to be hidden by carpet even less reason to "fancify" it.

For what it's worth..... I have skirting like yours. Laid over an engineered wood floor.

The differing joist heights meant the skirting gap varies between fine and large.

My jobbing carpenter brother suggested Newspaper stuffing with a caulk fininsh..... That job is one that _might_ get finished in the next decade !

:¬)

Pete

--

- Sports Nutrition & Diet Supplements Advice comes Free of course.

Reply to
gymratz

Obviously mean for the OP John. :¬)

Reply to