Existential DIY

Obviously on any rough edges, D'Oh.

Reply to
PeterMcC

Mine's in the "Files and rasps" box, avoiding this decision.

(But metalworking, obviously. Similarly spare fuses go in the "electrical" drawer, not one in metalworking in case you need it for the MIG welder and another in woodworking in case you need it for the planer.)

Reply to
Alan Braggins

Well, quite. But that wasn't the point of my Monday morning silliness.

Reply to
Huge

Probably need a spare fuse just in case your patience blows !! All too much for me, I'll go and lay down in a dark room for a while, or until at least until this thread is over ! I can't believe people wwant to discuss where to stash their fuses !!!!!!!!! Probably better than asking where to file their giraffes and violins, even if they have rough edges !!!! After all, they shouldn't be sold with rough bits on in the first place. Incidentally, where would you keep a nail file? They don't seem very good on 4" ovals. Dave Dave

Reply to
DAVE

Just put them on the end of the shelf over there along with all the other things-that-I-need-to-find-a-proper-home-for.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

I keep them in the fuse box.

(I have a box, with lots of compartments, marked "Fuses"...)

Reply to
Bob Eager

V'q svyr vg nybatfvqr gur Tah'f cncref.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What is the sound of one hand filing?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Have you been talking to my wife?

Reply to
Huge

This file(ing0 business is obviously a bastard, no smoothies here!

Reply to
Broadback

If it is the burning giraffe, the violin will go into one of the drawers in the woman.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I have a place like that too. I call it my 'garage'

David

Reply to
Lobster

And an anagram of "chainsaw files" is "a chinlees waif".

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Keep them with the angle grinder...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No it's not. :-(

Reply to
Rod

That's the whole of our house. And the garage and the numerous sheds. And the car and the trailer and used to be the caravans until i put my foot down and ignored the "Does it matter?" wails.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Errr, might it be called a consumer unit?? Dave

Reply to
DAVE

NO! It's a box, with lots of compartments, where I keep spare fuses!

As here...

Bob Eager

*applause*
Reply to
Huge

Naah, the angle grinder is on the shelf with the other power tools. The chainsaw is on the floor under the Workmate.

Reply to
Huge