Exhorbitant prices at B&Q

Ref the eggs, don't always take it as true that the chickens you see have produced the eggs you buy. As a mechanic who used to work on farm tractors and behind the scenes you see a different picture. You have a few nice chickens near where people stop to buy farm produce and hidden away is a batterry hen building containing about ten thousand hens. There was a pub that sold eggs 30 at a time and stacked about 10 trays high. Along side the pub were a few chickens and the bright people from the city never wondered how so few chickens produced so many eggs!

Robbie

Reply to
Roberts

This story seems so apt to this thread..

The Natural Philosopher

Yes, this sort of thing has always gone on. Talking of B/Q I recently got a chap to build me three shelves on a wall, the cost of the materials, ie chipboard with a nice relistic wood grain veneer was almost as much as the labour. I am sure these materials are being marked up to a ridiculous amount and its not just B/Q, they are to coin a phrase all in it together. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Is Jali cheaper than B&Q?

Reply to
mogga

Oh, I'll have to mention that to the lady down the road, just in case her chickens are only for show...

MM

Reply to
MM

Amazed - I don't even have to exit the house for our local foxes to spot me and leg it. And this despite them being comfortable enough in our garden to spend most of the summer afternoons asleep in our long grass - providing we're not around.

BTW I'm not 15st or even close.

Paul DS.

Reply to
Paul D Smith

In message , Roberts wrote

And there road side shops attached to the local farm that sell Egyptian potatoes, Dutch tomatoes , Spanish strawberries and New Zealand Kiwi fruit etc.

Reply to
Alan