Ever felt a pratt?

Had a boiler fitted recently, and it emerged that a plume management kit was going to be required for the flue so that its discharge would pass the regs OK - this is basically an (expensive) dog-leg bit of plastic pipe which fits on the end of the existing metal flue.

The boiler was otherwise working, and we agreed I'd buy the kit myself, for the original CORGI to sign off the installation today when he came round to complete some other work. Unfortunately though, there is a flat roof immediately above the flue, which extends about 4" out from the wall, which meant that the metal flue was too short by about 4", as the plume management kit needed to go vertically up, past the overhang. Buggeration.

So I pointed out to the CORGI that he'd gone and chopped off the flue to short and that it was a bit of a mess wasn't it... ...whereupon he just reached up, and without a word pulled the (telescopic) flue out of the wall to exactly the desired length.

Made him a brew and we're mates again now.

David

Reply to
Lobster

LOL

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Well done sir. I have just managed to core drill the next door but one neighbours bathroom wall to fit an extractor fan. I never checked outside I just put the fan where mine is (identical houses). Forgot about the alarm bell box I installed at his 4 years ago.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That is some drill bit !