Even TMH cannot eat this

Next time you come down, we are going to Lea & Tel's Diner on the Medway City estate for a Gutbuster!

My treat.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What a load of old bollox though. The local hack journos have come up with;

"Ellie Hambling from HeartCare Cardiac Support Group, based at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston, said the meal contained severe health risks and agreed, when asked, that someone eating it who had a heart condition could die".

Errm, no they probably wouldn't.

"It would absolutely ruin your heart. It's a no-goer I'm afraid," said Ms Hambling".

Eating it once would ruin your heart?

"Prof David Haslam from the National Obesity Forum said it "is possible" someone could die after eating the meal in a single sitting, but added it was "very unlikely"."

About as likely as being struck by lightning.

"He said eating the breakfast was "dangerous" and "profoundly wrong" and could lead to diabetes, heart disease and stroke".

By eating it once?

"Prof Haslam said the calories in the meal would amount to at least

6,000 - up to three days' food intake for an average person".

Depends entirely on your calorie output.

"He said the diner should take responsibility by "taking it off the market"."

Errm no. Its a great publicity stunt.

If you ate one every day its obviously a health risk. But if you ate one every month? Year? Decade?

Typical s**te journalism.

There was a time when being a journalist was a respectable profession, these days its one step below a pedophile.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I don't think Prof Haslam is saying the "unhealthy" content of the meal will get you through heart disease or furred up arteries within hours but that the sheer volume of food and the stress of disgesting that amount of protein and fat will put on the body might.

"Dangerous", see above. "Profoundly wrong", there are millions of people in the world with so little food that single "meal" would feed them for a week or longer.

The journo hasn't come up with anything all those statements are quotes. The failing on the part of the journos is not to question those statements and get clarification but then this is far too much a "scientific" subject for most journos to grasp.

Looks like you missed the weasel words "up to" just before "three days". B-)

Never let the truth stand in the way of a good story.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

The journo obviously knew what story he wanted from the start. He probably rang dozens of heart related bodies until he got someone to say what he wanted by asking leading questions.

Why no quote from say The British Heart Foundation? He eventually found an obscure group - and who is Ellie Hambling? Maybe tyhe office junior who was asked leading questions?

But nobody has ever finished one - thats the point.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'll print this off at treat it as a "free voucher".

Reply to
ARWadsworth

If you both disappear off the group at the same time we'll know what's happened ;-(

Owain

Reply to
Owain