EU to flush your money down your toilet?

Am I still the only one who thinks TFP is absolutely bonkers?

If it was Scotland would not be able to charge students from England university fees while providing free education for Scottish students and students from other countries in the EU.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

But international companies cannot currently demand the right to bid for NHS contracts. That would change.

Reply to
bert

Reply to
Java Jive

It's got nothing to do with posting style, and everything to do with your over eagerness to rush into print without bothering to read properly what others have written.

If those posting here such as yourself and TNP were in charge, we'd certainly be in a lot worse state than we are now.

Reply to
Java Jive

It would be better than being unemployed.

Work on the land is hard work. It always has been, and probably always will be.

If they want to work rather than rot on the dole, they will need to get fit by continuing at the work rather than by giving up.

Reply to
Java Jive

I didn't ignore anything. That, not the one linked by you, happened to be the page that come up in response to a search.

There is nothing in either page which supports his claim that:

Reply to
Java Jive

I seem to have at least a good understanding about European events as anyone else here. Tim Streater made an unsubstantiated claim. It still remains unsubstantiated.

So, l>

Reply to
Java Jive

I found about 2300 references to it on the first search...

Reply to
John Rumm

The problem is these people coming here, taking jobs and sending the money back home. And making use of all our services. Many work on the QT, cash in hand and pay no tax.

Reply to
harryagain

Going from?????

Reply to
harryagain

You are in cloud cuckoo land. The country has so much debt that there will be hard times for decades to pay it off. If you have personal debts, then you are truely f***d. Anyone taking up this cheap mortgage deal is deranged.

There is a very real danger of total economic collapse. Maybe even worldwide. We will all be on bread and water if that happens. Bliar/Broon and the rest really f***d us all up.

Where do you get this idea that everything can go on as before?

Reply to
harryagain

Which were?

Reply to
harryagain

There ought to be a law against it!

Reply to
Adrian

Umm, and...?

Reply to
Adrian

That's nice, dear. I can find several million google results - but the only ones that actually reference the quote lead straight back to goodreads and nowhere else.

Perhaps you would be so kind as to share the search text you used, or even a reference to an original, credible source?

Reply to
Adrian

Are you a bit hard of thinking, Harry?

Reply to
Adrian

But you were only looking for something to support your opinion, not at the whole picture, or even at the whole of the BBC report that your cite was a part of.

No? You didn't see all those east European countries filling out the negative tail of the net contributions list? Of course you did. You just don't want to lose face by acknowledging you were (and are) wrong.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

As I could have said before, the farmer in question has had poor experience of getting unemployed locals to do the work. The picking season is not that long anyway; once they've finished they push off and come back next year. And the question of tax is gonna depend on the integrity of the farmer.

Reply to
Tim Streater

That means the NHS would no longer be entirely under the control of the UK as you claimed. You really are hard work.

Reply to
bert

So you really think that the NHS not being able to refuse international companies from tendering is "no longer under the control of the UK"?

Fuck me, but you're almost as cretinous as Harry. Are you Harry?

Reply to
Adrian