EU to flush your money down your toilet?

Including, of course, EFTA - as Norway, Switzerland and the other "fringe" states are. Which, of course, would still tie us to EU standardisation (as would simple economics, since we'd inevitably be sourcing the same products from the same plants as EU countries). Except we'd have bollock-all input to the EU.

Seems to me to be losing input for no gain, just to try to make some ill- considered political point founded on misunderstandings and plain lies.

Reply to
Adrian

Gawd help us all...

Reply to
Adrian

And, clearly, that's not an EU standard - since this whole debate arose from an initial EU report into setting a standard, including the snippet that the only bogs we can install are illegal in other EU countries.

In other words, that's shit of our own making.

Reply to
Adrian

Many of them because of the EU.

Reply to
harryagain

Why do small minded people like you always think their views are popular?

Get a life and mix with people other than the ones in your club and get a true idea of why you are hated.

Reply to
dennis

They managed to throw out elected governments in Italy and Greece.

Reply to
Tim Streater

flushing-to-news-531374

How about phone chargers ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Would that be the same Scotland who'll have no option but to sign up to the Euro and Schengen if they wish to rejoin the EU (which the SNP've sworn they will do)?

Phone chargers _have_ been standardised for a few years. Well, all apart from Apple, who are "special".

Reply to
Adrian

Reply to
Java Jive

Reply to
Java Jive

Nothing there about the EU wanting to ship them north to the UK.

I've posted before about the long-term effects of immigration. The solution is tighten EU rules, not ditch the entire EU.

I shouldn't have to. If you wish to make controversial statements and have them taken seriously rather than dismissed as just another bigoted rant, at least back them up with reliable facts.

Reply to
Java Jive

No reason at all why a government shouldn't do popular things, though one hopes that rather than concentrate on mere popularity, they would concentrate on doing what is best for the country, which may or may not be popular at any one particular time.

But the fact that you've asked that shows that you've completely missed the po>

Reply to
Java Jive

Reply to
Java Jive

Reply to
Java Jive

Reply to
Java Jive

Reply to
Java Jive

Reply to
Java Jive

I almost didn't reply to your top posting.

Er, it's not *actually* done. It's been "decided". It should have been done 15 years ago.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

In which case they aren't standard. The Nokia 5800 I had in 2009 wasn't standard.

They should have come up with a decision back in the 90s. A useful exercise for an EU-sceptic might be to work out how much carbon emissions have been wasted by the proliferation of chargers (every new phone with a new charger plus the obligatory car version) versus how much has been saved by closing down power stations ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Suspect away dear boy, it's all the same to me. Link? Try:

Tim Streater