ESWA Ceiling heating - fixing damaged plasterboard?

Hi Folks,

I've got a flat fitted with ESWA ceiling heating. Unfortunately, about 1 sqare yard of plasterboard got knackered the other day by a washing machine leak from the flat above - particularly unlucky as I'm in the process of selling it(!).

From what I can make out, the ESWA heating is based on thin laminated foil-in-plastic film sheets fixed to the battens.

Question: Apart from being *really* careful about removing the damaged board, does anyone know if there are any issues with fitting a new piece of plasterboard and re-artexing?

I have a plasterer coming on Saturday and he hasn't come across this exact system before so I want to prep him before he starts sawing holes everywhere.

Personally I'm not a big fan of ceiling heating, but I have a duty to fix the ceiling to the original standard at this stage in the sale.

Much TIA :-)

Timbo

Reply to
Tim

Can't you get your insurance company to fix it?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Hi Christian

I can get them to pay, but I must arrange things (at least if I want the job done quickly and to the buyer's satisfaction - that being paramount - I don't want the contract exchange delayed).

To be honest, the buildings insurance excess is 250GPB and the job will probably be less than that, in which case the bill goes to the chap upstairs who has already agreed to cover my losses.

Cheers

Timbo

Reply to
Tim