Espagnolette handles for wooden doors/windows

I am trying to find a source for key-lockable handles for wooden doors and windows which have internal espagnolettes locking mechanisms. The (non-lockable) handles on my doors (of Swedish origin, Fix?) have the standard square spindles.

Can I assume all such handles will be supplied with these spindles or will some vary?

Most web searches are throwing up lots of handles for uPVC systems, are any of these likely to mount on a wooden door?

Are there any decent online suppliers?

Colin

Reply to
Colin Blackburn

Try the Interweb.

Friend of mine had some obscure French door hardware. No-one in the UK wanted to deal with it.

So a few minutes of on-line time and a credit card, and we'd ordered one from the French Screwfix-alike, where they had loads of them. Sometimes globalisation can work for you,

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I've tried a fair bit with not much success---at least not finding retailers who provide enough information for me to buy without checking further. I may have to use a telephone!

However, I found the Swedish company which makes the actual espagnolettes (Assa ultimately) and that led me to their UK distributor which turns out to be just down the road from me. I don't think they have a retail sales desk but I'm going to give them a call anyway.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Blackburn

Not that interesting - It was just BHV (French for B&Q) because I remembered their name from when I lived in Paris. Better searching would probably have found something better.

-- Smert' spamionam

Reply to
Andy Dingley

"Andy Dingley" wrote | Not that interesting - It was just BHV (French for B&Q) because I | remembered their name from when I lived in Paris. Better searching | would probably have found something better.

I thought Castorama was the French B&Q?

Mr [sic] Bricolage looks a bit Linda Barker, brico.fr seems to be about the best.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"> | Not that interesting - It was just BHV (French for B&Q) because I

I believe "Brico Depot" is in some way associated with B and Q - I go to the Caen - Carpiquet depot quite regularly - many items are 50% of the price they are in the UK stores (but some are actually more expensive !)

Nick

Reply to
froggers

"> | Not that interesting - It was just BHV (French for B&Q) because I

I believe "Brico Depot" is in some way associated with B and Q - I go to the Caen - Carpiquet depot quite regularly - many items are 50% of the price they are in the UK stores (but some are actually more expensive !)

Nick

Reply to
froggers

Or there's Lapeyre.fr with a v.very good online site and stores in Calais and Boulogne. Quite stylish, but has the 'heavy' items as well. (Espagnolete fitings on p108 - p117 of online cat)

Toby.

Reply to
Toby