Eric Clapton gets CBE

Page 9 of 10

Show me a law that precludes the self employed?

IMM wrote in message ...

Capitol

Show me it.

I would have thought that you would have known where the office is :-)

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Whitehall?

PoP wrote:

Indeed. One is reminded of the punk flm 'jubilee' where the crime rate was reduced to zero by repealing all the laws...

Anyone with half a brain can see we have to go into the euro eventually.

Why not just go straight for the dollar and cut out the middle step.......

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

We are in the EU. Have you noticed? We have been there for 31 years. We have no say over the dollar, we will have with the euro. And as the euro will eventually supersede the dollar, after the UK enters the euro, the euro is the currency to have. Or maybe you want us to become the 51st state. Mmmm, I thought that was Liverpool with Samuel Jackson.

I am not sure that we would have any say over the Euro either. I have always thought that the notion of making a margin out of buying and selling currency in itself is a nonsense, although I think that having economic control is also important.
At least Romano Prodi was honest enough to say that the Euro has little to do with economics but everything to do with politics.
I think that it's a little bit of a stretch of the imagination to assume that the Euro will replace the Dollar.
As regards the UK being the 51st state of the Union, I thought that Israel more or less held that honour...

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Are you mad? The UK is one of the big 4 in the EU, and a world financial centre. Of course the UK would have a big say in the euro.

Nonsense. open borders all using the same currency will naturally increase trade.

Almost certainly it will. I worked in consultancy, and one of the lines was the euro. All the experts there were 100% confident it would replace the dollar. The beauty of the euro it is not the currency of one country. The dollar can be manipulated to suit the USA, as it is their currency. Re,member the Euro dollar? An unofficial currency. People were hoarding dollars and using it differently to the mainstream dollar. The euro stopped that.

Or Canada. Israel wants to be in Europe. It won the Eurovision song contest and enters into the European football competitions. Why? They are firmly in Asia.

The question would really be whether it continues to operate by a defined set of rules or the extent to which those are relaxed to account for differing economic cycles.

I don't think that that was his point.

What does HVAC have to do with economics?

I don't think you got that quite right......

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Who mentioned HVAC?

I did! They are in Asia!

You're forever mentioning that you are a professional in HVAC.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Yep.

Is that the same as "HOT AIR"? Capitol
Andy Hall wrote:

Not true Andy. Dollar is in for a turbulent time.
Just got an e-mail frm (very rich) friend of mine in California "we are trying to make sure Bush never gets re-elected, if he does we are off to Canada"
Clinton left a whole pile of shit by way of an overblown boom, and GW and teh boys are tryng desperately to not let it all go bust, BUT a lot of dirt (Enron, Worldcom et al, plus huge borrowings for the war, plus tax cuts etc) has been swepot under the carpet: If someone were to actually go down now, and the whole crony ridden frauduklent nature of what half of wall street has been up to for the last ten years coudl not be kept secret anymore, the whle thing COULD come down like a pack of cards.
Then the money flow out of the dollar into the euro - and the pound - would be stupendous.
Its perhaps not a foregone conclsuion, but it's more than a slender possibility.
Ter are signs that its happening in a slow controlled way anyway.

It was somewhat tongue in cheek.

I know a number of people in California with the same view. Is your friend a Democrat as a matter of interest?

Mmmm I do know what you mean. There has been more than a little nest feathering going on, and the line of legality a little blurred.
Certainly the whole issue of corporate governance has ridden high on the agenda.

Depending on where you sit, having a weaker dollar is arguably beneficial.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall wrote:

I have no idea. She is a very very old ex girfriend. Her friends used to refer to her as a Rich Bitch then, last time I saw her she admited to 'still having the odd million or two stashed away'.

And been quietkly removed from it by Bush, who is too close to maost of em. They are who put him in power. Clinton as getting too close..

Market headlines today 'gold price surges as dollar falls heavily against euro and sterling'

:

We've been there before as well - gold, the safe haven......