Eric Clapton gets CBE

Page 6 of 10

ROTFLMAO.....!!
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

You ROTFLMAOed? My, my.

Andrew wrote:

Basically, what laber means is that instead of 15% of yoir income going
to support unemployable people, now 45% is going to spport unemployable
people in the only successful state run system there is. The civil service and
the machinery of opression^H^H^H^H^H^H^ government
The civil service and its bureacracy. Of course they don't DO anything, but they feel much better...make workjobs for the boys and keep voting Laber.
writes:

good
pound
went
80% of it is mortgage repayments to basically survive.

Which indicates that money is about.

IMM wrote:

There is always plenty of money about. It can be printed and hived off in government bonds indefinitely.
Money is not teh issue ultimately. Its the provision of goods and services beynd a countries means to generate them that is the issue.
Traditionally you do this by importation, running up a debt to some other country, and then adjust your currency to rip off the other country and devalue the debt.
This may no longer be possible.

Well none of it was with the people under those prats Thatcher & Major.

Another wanting doom and gloom.

WE are, it's you we are not sure about. Personally I think you must actually be either from from another planet or have severe, selective blindness.

actually
You a bad case. Therapy is available for the likes of you on the NHS.

writes

Indeed, and that is where all the bloody billions are going. Out Tone and Gordon have managed to disappear more billions raised in taxes than we ever sucked out of the North Sea Oil Wells.

--
Andrew

Figures please?

IMM wrote:

# Try the economist.

blindness.
The Economist? The Tory party figures manipulato! My, oh my!

IMM wrote:

Staggering. Simply staggering.
From teh man who claimed that Business and the City supports Laber...

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 14:23:25 -0000, "Mr E"

Speaking as someone who has had fairly recent experience (18 months ago) of Gordon Browns New Deal, I can say with absolute certainty that it is a sham to keep the unemployment figures low. We know politicians like to lie and cheat, but they have excelled themselves with unemployment.
Over 50? Not eligible - you get the dole but aren't considered to be unemployed. Claiming for more than 26 weeks? You lose your automatic entitlement for the dole and are required to go onto means tested benefit - if you pass the means-tested then you will still be counted as unemployed (but that's much easier said than done!).
If the job centre offer you some back-to-work type training (even one days worth) you are required to accept it, otherwise it terminates your entitlement. And if you do accept the training then (from what I recall) it removes you from the jobless figures because of some reason I can't recall.
I was queued up waiting my turn at the bi-weekly grilling session and got talking to an older chap next to me, and he filled me in on some of the above. He was 55 and had been unemployed for quite a while. He said he was no longer counted as unemployed for the above reasons.
I enquired what his trade was - turned out he was a hod carrier (he apparently worked out in the gym 3 times a week and he certainly looked fit enough!). And the training he was offered? Computer operator. Go figure.
It's a good job that I don't have a convenient pile of house bricks in my living room. I lose my cool very rapidly when yet another smarmy git comes on and claims low unemployment. Like low inflation - don't measure the things that real people have to pay for, just measure those things that hardly ever change anyway.
PoP
PoP wrote:

I have some sympathy with your comments, but dislike being referred to as a "smarmy git" by someone who has no knowledge of me other than a post to someone else. Such comments tend to render your other remarks as probably not worth replying to. However I will do you the credit of assuming that the last bit was said in frustration.
As it happens I have had three members of my family unemployed in the last three years. Most recently my wife who is over 50. Incidentally she found a job within two months of being made redundant. In spite of that individual success, I am aware of the inadequacies of the current system. Your assumption of lies by the government means that any pronouncement by them, true or false will be rejected. However, there is a simpler measure of unemployment (or at least wealth) which can be adopted by anyone. As I implied in my earlier post, the number of cars on the road is a good indicator of wealth. I can remember driving around in the 1980s with much less traffic on the roads than currently. Stories of individual hardship (or incompetence) are not helpful - because they are not necessarily typical.
John.

Not only that, the age of them too. Far, far more newer cars around, and more expensive models too, these days than when the wicked witch was in charge.

(or

Oh come on. You shouldn't speak that scathingly of Barbara Castle.....
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

LOL. must be New Year cheer.

IMM wrote:

Yup, because by holding interest rates down its easy to borrow ten times your annual salary. However its a precarious thing. Maggie used norh sea oil to fnd a consumer boom, Gordon brown is using consumer credit. Both are finite resources. Bust is on teh way. Its just a matter of time, as north sea oil and credit are BOTH running out...

and
She never. She used it to pay the unemployed when her harebrained economic schemes naturally collapsed. Tony Benn described as reckless. One of the greatest legacies gifted to this country, that should have been used to create wealth was squandered.

For the past 6 years the right wing has predicted bust, they have been preying for it. It hasn't come.