Eric Clapton gets CBE

Page 3 of 10
IMM wrote:

Oh excuse me, Britain is a joke.
No one in the world has got its economy 'right'. By dint of doing nothing and leaving MOST of what John major was doing strictly alone, all that can be said is tha britain has failed to make any further mistakes.

Which Tory voter would that be then? I dopn't see one nearby...

Gosh. Did you get that from teh Bumper Book of Hopw Things Work as well?

You entirely misunderstand me as usual. You can only conceive of two sorts of people, faithful labour votahs like you, and your conception of toffs and aristocrats who went to 'snotty uni' and vote tory.
Sadly, there are huge numbers of people out there who fail to fit your limited consceptualisations, and I happen to be one.

I wnder how hard Tony Robinson had to work to make that result happen.
I wonder how many of te 'true kings' ancestoirs were illegitimate.
Let's face it, pretty much one marriage in three has a son or daughter that doesn't belong to both the so called parents.
If they had DNA testing back in 1456 or whatever, its doubtful whether the system could have withstood it.
Thats why teh Celts had matrilineal inheritance. They accepted
the impossibility of actually knowing who the real father was...
Ive notoiced an alarming tendency for women to shag the hunkiest, but marry the most secure...sometimes within the same day..

I don't.

I don't.

Michael
Figures please.

I am both.

Alarming and an old woman?

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
writes

What, ...
a woman that shags the hunkiest and marries the most secure ?
--
geoff

I am all of that.

IMM wrote:
etc, etc, etc...
I'm quite pleased to see that the daft Xmas period seems to be over and everything here seems to have reverted to normal again.
--
Toby.

The real one.
Have you ever heard that a strong currency leads to more expensive exports?

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

You jest of course.

The pound is not strong against the Euro, but the dollar is temporarily very weak - that's great for the US, bad for the rest of the world. Like Britain, Americans are spending more borrowed money that they can afford.

--
Andrew

I assume you refer to this consumer debt. 80% is people paying mortgages to put a super expensive small roof over their heads. Land ownership and availability for building is the core of this.

Oh not that again. Do you think you could engage the recetly arrived trolls in a debate on this? It should solve the problem.....

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

You are so dumb you can't see the root problem(s). We pay far too much for very small homes because of an artificial land shortage, while the established aristocracy still own vast tracts of land in the UK. Haven't you figured it out yet?

The whole debate has been had at least five times before and all of the possible angles discussed repeatedly and ad nauseam.
All that you do is trot out platitiudes from books by hack journalists that match your preconceived notions and don't add any original thought of your own. I would say that that is pretty dumb.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

temporarily
can
mortgages
for
But the penny hasn't dropped with you. The brainwashing is hard to penetrate.

Wasn't with you, was it?

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Haven't
LOL. Festive good cheer on the 11th day of Xmas.

But you learned nothing at all.
Did anyone see the programme last night on property hunting in Texas. A couple who live in a terraced house in Crewe, can sell up and buy a huge house in Texas and have lots of change. A house that would be 0.5 million here was 80,000. And in very nice coastal areas too. About 200,000, about the average cost of a detached home these days in the UK, gets you a full dream house. Literally a house only a lottery win could get you here.
Why you may ask? Labours cost in the US are no cheaper than here. Land. Yes, land is the key. In the UK we are crammed into 7,5% of the land mass. They will not allow us to build on the land as it is owned by a small minority or people. The UK is big country, despite propaganda saying we are not. An artificial land shortage has been created ramping up land values to the point we live in small super expensive boxes.

No I wasn't.

The whole debate has been had at least five times before and all of the possible angles discussed repeatedly and ad nauseam.
I learned that I don't agree with you.
When are you leaving for Texas?

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

million
here.
mass.
are
values
No you do. You had a narrow minded viewpoint. I was explained to you, but you didn't want to eat humble pie and admit you had been conned all this time and agree with common sense and logic. Wake up and smell the coffee Andy.

It is tempting. Far fewer Little Middle Englanders around there. In fact the programme was centred around Corpus Christi. I spent a week there once. Nice place. They highlighted homes in Rockport where the Bushes spend weekends. The people, we stayed at had a huge lovely house. I thought it was a super expensive, by our standards, house. Now I know how much it costs.

Common sense and logic is precisely why I don't agree with you.

Do bear in mind that there is no nanny state and no hand outs. Are you sure that you could cope with that?