Eric Clapton gets CBE

Page 2 of 10
Huge wrote:

Yes - let's get back to the good old days of high unemployment and pay rises every few months (even though the cash didn't seem to buy as much as it did last month), eh Huge? At least it would keep the number of cars on the road down, wouldn't it.
Humph.
John.

I've no idea what you're on about. And I suspect that you don't, either.
Huge wrote:

You seemed to be saying that you found extra teachers, nurses and police officers and an improved minimum wage a depressing thought. Seems to me that these things would improve employment and generally improve the wealth of those on the minimum wage.
Maybe you hadn't thought carefully enough about your earlier response.
John.
writes:

You are assuming he can think.

[19 lines snipped]

I find it a depressing thought because it may mean that might have to put up with more of that smirking lying shit Bliar and his oleaginous thieving Chancellor and the whole lying, deceitful, nauseating bunch of yes-men they are surrounded with.
Huge wrote:

Fair enough. It is fairly clear that 'New Labour' has exhausted any good will which they inherited when they came to office.
John.
writes:

I can't believe the crap I read on here. The economy is booming, the pound is almighty strong, unemployment is the lowest for 25 years, no more cardbord cities of homeless people, great anti-social laws, the world went into recession the UK never, etc, etc.
Are you actually in the UK?

IMM wrote:

And you think that the Government enjoys the same good will that they inherited when they came to office?

John.

That has nothing to do with it. The Tory press, which most of it is, can sway public opinion on minor issues. The amount of people I have heard say Blair is full of spin, spin, I lost count of. Ask them what spin? And do they know what spin is? and they go quiet.
It is not even half way through a term yet., When the election comes see that people look at the economy and general standard of living. They will vote Blair back in. They don't give a toss about Iraq as they never gave a toss about N Ireland, which was never once an election issue.

Then look around and stop reading the Daily Mail and listening to that dirty scruffy blond haired bastard who is always on the TV, Boris something. Fitting: they have Dracula and Boris at the top.

IMM wrote:

Daily Mail (or the Telegraph).
John.
IMM wrote:

Will Self for Mein Fuhrer.
Germaine Greer ministress of bordellos.

Will Self? Fuhrer? he is Jewish.

IMM wrote:

But I am sure he would appreciate the irony.
Isn't it odd that *you* knew that, and it
had never occurred to me to even consider
his religuious or ethnic orientation...

Fuhrer, Nazi....and he is Jewish? Please are you that dumb?

IMM wrote:

No, you are. As usual you have completely missed the point...

You don't make points, you babble.

In a number of areas you write a fair bit of it though......

This is not necessarily helpful.

easily achievable when you adjust the methods of measurement. It's ironic that the current administration, who lambasted its predecessors so vehemently on statistical methods associated with unemployment measurement now plays the same game.

Have you visited any of the London main line stations lately?

Which?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
writes:

Wisdom my boy. You wouldn't know it if it slapped you in the face.

I suppose poverty and deprivation is. What world do you live in?

IMM wrote:

And what does the relative value of one currency to another have to do with povery and deprivation?
If you examine facts (always distateful to you, I admit) you will find that many countries are desperate to devalue their currencies in order to be able to export their goods at all.

One where real hard facts rule, not wishful muddled thinking.

It is indicative of the strength of the British economy. Britain is admired throughout the world the way it has handled its economy, with many looking hard at the way Britain does things.

A Tory voter ignores facts, as they so obsessed with petty snobbery.

It is a balancing act of cheaper exports to more expensive imports. Germany in the 1970s had a very strong currency that mad their products expensive. Yet people still bought them as they were/perceived to be well made so good value for money. If you make tat then the tat has to be cheap.

You are confused by petty snobbery, wanting an aristocracy that still rips us off, etc.
One good point was that the "real" and "true" king of England, King Michael 1st, who lives in Australia and has barbies and drinks tubes of Fosters, voted for a republic for Australia. Imagine this lot of parasitical impostors doing that.