Eric Clapton gets CBE

Because it's the only three keys he can play in - would have given it to him sooner, except he had to learn to play in C

(this is a musicians joke...)

=== Andy Evans === Visit our Website:-

music and health pages and interesting links.

Reply to
Andy Evans

Very droll.

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

There are a lot of names that I could put forward for the honors list who would deserve it more than Eric and they are:

The sparkies/plumbers/joiners/plasters/ etc.

The great bunch of guys on this ng who have helped us all out in one way or another in the past and have help changed some of us from cringing frightened folks into have a go diyers.

Good luck to all not just for the new year but for always. ATB

Kris

Reply to
Kris

So write to No.10 Downing Street. Honours can be suggested by the public, these days.

Reply to
Huge

Enclosing a cheque made out to the Labour Party will no doubt grease the application.....

PoP

PoP

That is a certain way of not getting a silly gong, which all should be banned anyway. The US doesn't have such daftness. They are sensitive to these matters after the likes of Bernie Ecclestone.

Reply to
IMM

I see. So clearly there is no such thing as the Presidential Medal of Freedom..........

The names mentioned on this site seems to be based on a comparable cross section to those awarded here.

seem to be a fairly broad set under the civilian sections at

well.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

We give silly title and letters after your name like confetti. A They gave one to a school bus driving lady who drove the bus for 25 years. She said she hasn't a clue why she got her gong, as she had done nothing extraordinary - just drove a bus.

Reply to
IMM

Obviously somebody appreciated her efforts. At least it represented a service to her community over a good number of years, unlike those given to the majority of sports personalities who are 5 minute wonders in many cases.

Anyway, you've got the letters "IMM" after your full name "Abuse-IMM" and nobody complains too much about that, do they..?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh, anything can be SUGGESTED by the public... Only what is demanded by the public affects the government, and then it doesn't HAPPEN. They merely promise it, treble tax in order to pay for the studies and focus groups and implementation of it, before thankfully geting voted out of office when everyone finally realises they can't actually deliver it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The trouble with you IMM is you shold have gone to a snotty Uni where ypou would have been taught the fundamental truths, one of whaich is teh greatest crime is getting caught.

The only difference in the USA is that because the judges and half of te police's bosses also get elected, as long as the cheques are big enough and far reaching enough, even if caught, you won't get prosecuted...

Why on earth do you think there is all this support from reform of the law courts, and elected upper ghouse?

So the government can do what it likes and be sure of no opposition.

Its the normal route down which a democracy goes on its way to a fascist dictatorship.

On an aside, I was just listening to John Prescott on the beeb.

On being asked whether in Tonys absence he had complete control, he utterd something like:

'of course if the prime minister needs discussing, we will do that'

Now my question is this

was he

(a) inadvertently lettng slip that he is working on a putsch to get rid of tony?

or (b) simply using words bigger than he knows how to, to try to appear smarter than he really is?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Remarkably similar to Napoleon in Animal Farm.......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Sounds snotty uni-ish to me - a bunch of con artists and thieves.

New Year cheer is still upon you.

Having a stronger democracy? Wow!

Nice man. Great left hook. He is relaxing planning in the countryside, so we are not all holed up in towns and cities.

Reply to
IMM

Best to suggest to get rid of it completely.

Reply to
IMM

In message , The Natural Philosopher writes

Does anyone have one of those Labour pledge cards? The one where they promised what they would deliver when they came to orifice. It would make interesting reading

Reply to
geoff

All points on time, as reported by Newsnight.

Reply to
IMM

to the email address given by my news reader will result in your own email address being instantly added to my anti-spam database! If you really want to contact me try changing the prefix in the given email address to my newsgroup posting name.....

Reply to
PoP

There is only one explanation. You are Mandy and I claim my five pounds.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Actually I thnk he is Gordon Brown. Its the only explanation for the incoherent babbling.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

have 10,000 extra teachers; 20,000 extra nurses; 6,000 extra police officers and the minimum wage increased to £4.20 an hour."

I fear all these may actually have been achieved. What a depressing thought.

Reply to
Huge