Eric Clapton gets CBE

Page 1 of 10
Because it's the only three keys he can play in - would have given it to him sooner, except he had to learn to play in C
(this is a musicians joke...)
=== Andy Evans ==Visit our Website:- http://www.artsandmedia.com Audio, music and health pages and interesting links.

Very droll.
Cheers Dan.
On 31 Dec 2003 12:21:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnohawker (Andy Evans) wrote:

There are a lot of names that I could put forward for the honors list who would deserve it more than Eric and they are:
The sparkies/plumbers/joiners/plasters/ etc.
The great bunch of guys on this ng who have helped us all out in one way or another in the past and have help changed some of us from cringing frightened folks into have a go diyers.
Good luck to all not just for the new year but for always. ATB
Kris

So write to No.10 Downing Street. Honours can be suggested by the public, these days.
On 1 Jan 2004 13:45:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote:

Enclosing a cheque made out to the Labour Party will no doubt grease the application.....
PoP
(Huge) wrote:

That is a certain way of not getting a silly gong, which all should be banned anyway. The US doesn't have such daftness. They are sensitive to these matters after the likes of Bernie Ecclestone.

I see. So clearly there is no such thing as the Presidential Medal of Freedom..........
The names mentioned on this site seems to be based on a comparable cross section to those awarded here.
http://tinyurl.com/2skm8
There seem to be a fairly broad set under the civilian sections at
http://honours.homestead.com/us.html
as well.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
(Huge) wrote:

public,
We give silly title and letters after your name like confetti. A They gave one to a school bus driving lady who drove the bus for 25 years. She said she hasn't a clue why she got her gong, as she had done nothing extraordinary - just drove a bus.

Obviously somebody appreciated her efforts. At least it represented a service to her community over a good number of years, unlike those given to the majority of sports personalities who are 5 minute wonders in many cases.
Anyway, you've got the letters "IMM" after your full name "Abuse-IMM" and nobody complains too much about that, do they..?

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM wrote:

The trouble with you IMM is you shold have gone to a snotty Uni where ypou would have been taught the fundamental truths, one of whaich is teh greatest crime is getting caught.
The only difference in the USA is that because the judges and half of te police's bosses also get elected, as long as the cheques are big enough and far reaching enough, even if caught, you won't get prosecuted...
Why on earth do you think there is all this support from reform of the law courts, and elected upper ghouse?
So the government can do what it likes and be sure of no opposition.
Its the normal route down which a democracy goes on its way to a fascist dictatorship.
On an aside, I was just listening to John Prescott on the beeb.
On being asked whether in Tonys absence he had complete control, he utterd something like:
'of course if the prime minister needs discussing, we will do that'
Now my question is this
was he
(a) inadvertently lettng slip that he is working on a putsch to get rid of tony?
or (b) simply using words bigger than he knows how to, to try to appear smarter than he really is?

Remarkably similar to Napoleon in Animal Farm.......
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
(Huge) wrote:

public,
Sounds snotty uni-ish to me - a bunch of con artists and thieves.

New Year cheer is still upon you.

Having a stronger democracy? Wow!

Nice man. Great left hook. He is relaxing planning in the countryside, so we are not all holed up in towns and cities.

Huge wrote:

Oh, anything can be SUGGESTED by the public... Only what is demanded by the public affects the government, and then it doesn't HAPPEN. They merely promise it, treble tax in order to pay for the studies and focus groups and implementation of it, before thankfully geting voted out of office when everyone finally realises they can't actually deliver it.
(Andy

to him

public,
Best to suggest to get rid of it completely.

writes

Does anyone have one of those Labour pledge cards? The one where they promised what they would deliver when they came to orifice. It would make interesting reading
--
geoff

All points on time, as reported by Newsnight.

There is only one explanation. You are Mandy and I claim my five pounds.
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) wrote:

Actually I thnk he is Gordon Brown. Its the only explanation for the incoherent babbling.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/vote2001/hi/english/newsid_1321000/1321962.stm
PoP

"The pledges are to keep mortgages and inflation as low as possible; to have 10,000 extra teachers; 20,000 extra nurses; 6,000 extra police officers and the minimum wage increased to 4.20 an hour."
I fear all these may actually have been achieved. What a depressing thought.