Erbauer Submersable Pump Wireing

I have a Brand New Erbauer Submersable pump which ran perfectly.

It had a float on it with connections inside to make or break the power to start the pump

I took it apart and removed the float switch and connected the wires directly.

It now only hums but wont spin.(impella & Shaft spins freely when no power is on)

The Pump has 4 wire, Ground, Black, White & Pink.

There is also a start capacitor with white wires (2)

I thought one went to the white wire on the pump. The other i thought was tapped into the nutral (Blue) but when connected like this the Motor just hums and wont spin.

I have tried it with one of the capacitor wires on the white one on the pump, the other tapped into the Live (Brown)

But still just a hum ! Any Ideas

Reply to
pete the pond

Neutral, main and secondary windings by the sounds of it...

Its probably a run cap...

I would expect you want the neutral connected to the common of both windings on the motor, the live connected directly to the other end of the main winding, and then the live via the run cap to the other end of the secondary winding.

Reply to
John Rumm

Sound like four wires? the earth or ground wire goes on to a stud on the motor housing leaving three wires out of the motor.

What colour wires do youtghink would go where ? [IMG]

pete the pond

No, three - one (the neutral of the supply will connect to one end of

*both* coils internally. Live then connects to the other end of one, and via the cap to the other end of the second. That gives the required phase rotation to make the motor spin.

You will probably be able to work it out using a ohm meter to buzz out the wires. The pair showing the largest DC resistance between them will likely be the live ends of the two coils, the other wire will be the neutral (and the sum of the resistances ought to add up to the total).

Then all you need do is get the direct live feed and the cap derived feed round the right way. (The pump will probably run either way - but the impeller may be designed to work better in one rotation direction than the other).

Reply to
John Rumm