Erbauer sliding mitre saw

A new line and a 80mm x 300mm cut. Sounds good at £129

had an Erbauer saw?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Personally, I'd go for one with a full 12" cut. More use for shelving, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh yes. What happend to 100% ex stock?

You could place the shelving to cut on an some off cut etc to make up the 5mm or so, unless te shelf is very deep (say 70mm)!

Reply to
AlexW

Everything is in mm these days. I have not seen 12" shelves for eons.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I've looked. About as good as a Ravenheat boiler.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, have you looked at this saw in the real, or are making things up again? Screwfix have Ferm and now Titan, as the budget range and promoted Erbauer as the semi pro/pro range. Some of the Erbauer stuff is not cheap at all.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

OK 304.8 mm, point's the same though ... timber being cut may be reclaimed for example, not metric chipboard from a big shed.

Reply to
AlexW

You'll have to ask Matt about that.

I have seen Erbauer products, including those you mention and they are another bag of generic and underwhelming stuff.

Whether they promote the stuff as pro or semi-pro is only relevant if they also have the service, backup and spares.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Depends whether it means the saw is unavailable or the quantity in stock is unavailable. I'd guess the latter.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Matt, the vast majority of Screwfixes customers are the trade and the vast majority of their power tools are pro tools. So, they must shift a lot of these to the trade. If they were useless they would not be sold.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Well we can't really be sure unless your familiar with the screwfix stock control / orders system ?

I'm not sure that I'd assume the latter, as I would have though that they would have an integrated stock control / orders system (who knows though?) and thus if it was the latter then this to me would indicate a systemic problem (which does not appear to be the case looking at other power tools).

Who knows, but I can't order it though ...

... not that I actually want to.

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

That's your typical (il)logic. It is tantamount to saying that a cow is a four legged animal, therefore all four legged animals are cows.

Screwfix sells a variety of power tools ranging from the entry level Erbauer, Ferm and Ryobi stuff to professional products such as Makita, DeWalt and Bosch.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, no, it wasn't. What I said was that, this is their own brand trade range and it sells well to the trade. I never mentioned a cow.

Wrong. Ferm, now and Titan, is the entry level. Riyobi and Erbauer are in the same trade pages as the Makitas and Hitachis. The Ferm have their own pages to differentiate. When introduced about 2 or 3 years ago, Screwfix made a big thing about the pro quality of the Erbauer with cutaways indicating the high quality components and that they came from Germany.

From his loft perch in Makita Mansion, Matt thinks that only Makita is a pro tool.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Sorry, Andy, but Ryobi stuff is not entry level. The stuff varies. Are the following entry level products?:

?id=87117&ts=39743
Erbauer stuff is from the same stable as the Argos/Homebase Worx range. Never used it myself but if Erbauer claim to be for professional use you'd think they'd tell you the torque figures for their combi drills. I think you could buy the stuff cheaper under another guise.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Still says unavailable - not that I'm familiar with the Screwfix site.

Think you're missing the point.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd love to see the evidence of this.

Plenty of fools like you who think all power tools are the same and only consider price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No, but you should have mentioned cowboys. The day I see Erbauer being used by a true pro is the day I'll believe you. But then talking about cows I'll have to wait 'till one flies by.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Richard, it is called the catalogue.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That's right. Cowboys ride cows.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

convinced they will fall apart after the first try.

It seems to be well priced...and German. The Erbauer sliding mitre saw is £129, while the Challenge Extreme, with similar specs and looks, is £149. I think the Erbauer have a 2 or 3 year guarantee, while Argos have one.

When Erbauer first came out some of the drills were over £200.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel