Epoxy Mortar?

I need to repair a panel on a sectional concrete garage. there is a fair bit of spalling etc. where previous owner had drilled into the panel to fix the clothes line. It's a corner panel so needs to be a strong repair, Would epoxy mortar be suitable? Any hints, gotchas?

Reply to
Chris Holford

Chris Holford brought next idea :

Unless there is damage near the steel reinforcing, it is unlikely to deteriorate further.

The chances of your tracking down the original manufacturer are slim, the chances of them being still in business and having not changed the molds are extremely unlikely.

Many manufacturers cast the slabs with their name as part of the concrete mold.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Marley didn't. I've looked.

Reply to
charles

Can you swap the panel with another undamaged panel? They tended to be all the same design, just different widths.

Reply to
dennis

In article , Chris Holford writes

Well, I decided to try epoxy mortar. I'd had no luck trying to find a replacement panel. I bought 'Cementone' epoxy mortar as it was the only one I could find with a local supplier. It took time to pluck up the courage to use it because; i -it's expensive, ii -it's recommended to mix the whole lot in one go in order to ensure the correct proportion of hardener so I couldn't try a small batch first, iii -it's only usable for about 60 minutes before it starts to go off.

When mixed it had the consistency of soft brown sugar and didn't seem to want to stick together or to anything else. I tried pressing it into the holes and cracks with a pointing trowel and it promptly fell off. The only way I could get it to stick to the concrete was to press (hard) with my fingers (wearing vinyl gloves). In this way I managed to plug the worst holes and cracks, but with a rather 'organic' finger moulded surface finish. Well, it seems to have made a good repair and actually bonded quite strongly to the concrete panel. Time will tell....

Reply to
Chris Holford

ectional concrete garage. there is a fair

the consistency of soft

Next time you can use a =A31 pack of epoxy and sand

NT

Reply to
NT

sectional concrete garage. there is a fair

d the consistency of soft

Where can you get epoxy for a pound ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

a sectional concrete garage. there is a fair

had the consistency of soft

poundland & I think 99p stores. Or if you use it enough to buy a large container, the same amount costs far less than =A31

NT

Reply to
NT

sectional concrete garage. there is a fair

I saw it in one of the pound shops the other day. Seems like it might be easier than body filler for odd jobs

Reply to
stuart noble