Episode 9 is out...

Out, what out of what what is out why who?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"Part 9 of our series of videos following Fred Crowell and the restoration of the Seaham lifeboat the George Elmy. In this episode, Fred and Ernie are working on the main deck of the boat. We also take a look at the progress of the canopy"

HTH

Reply to
The Other Mike

Sorry Brian, was forgetting it might not be self explanatory to all!

Its the latest instalment in a series of short films about the restoration of a famous lifeboat called the George Elmy at a traditional boat builders in Bristol. Each month you get a to see a bit more progress, and they usually cover some of the traditional wooden boat building techniques used for the restoration along the way, which is quite interesting.

Probably worth listening too even if you can't see it, since they do describe what they are doing quite well.

The following is a link to a youtube playlist, starting at episode 1:

John Rumm

Thank you for that. Laid up at the moment and this has been a very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick

ITYF it's in South Shields.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Indeed it is, sorry my mistake. Some more details here:

John Rumm

Is that Bristol-on-Tyne (not to be confused with the Avon one ...)? ;-)

Reply to
Terry Casey