EPC - What a joke

Electrical side of solar was hooked up today and the all important EPC chap came along to do a rating as we need to be "D" or above I believe for maximum FIT rate.

All was going great to start with having full UFH in 4 zones and even commented on my loft insulation being the neatest he'd ever seen.. but then he went downstairs! First thing was questioned was whether the cavity on the "underground" side of the house was filled, but alas not as it's underground and tanked so they couldn't drill from inside.

THEN he said "oh, you have radiators. That means I have to ignore your UFH"

My attempts to enlighten him as to the fact that the bedroom radiators were sized to run at the UFH flow temp. and that even without heating the bedrooms hadn't ever gone colder than about 12 degrees in deep winter and that the boiler was temperature modulated... no. none of that mattered, it was seen as no insulation and radiators... The root of all evil apparently.

No floor insulation downstairs either... Oh FFS No, it's underground and more like a passive house than a regular "above ground" property. The floor never gets cold as it's UNDERGROUND...

Just waiting to see what comedy rating the "system" will give the property now.. He did say that if it was lower than 55(?) he'd save submitting it until he could re-rate it with solar panels fitted (as they have to back up all findings with photraphic evidence) but it just highlights what a pointless farce the whole EPC rating is.

Just wanted to have a Friday vent... at the stupidity of these "official" created jobs that only require monkeys to tick boxes without having to have any educated input based on individual environmental variables.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk