EON EnviR electricity monitor software

Back in the day I was sent an energy monitor by EON - Model EnviR from Current Cost Ltd.

Due to some kind of filing error I can't currently (oops!) find the original software, although I do have a W7 system with it installed. [Which has been moved to a location where it isn't practical to connect it to the EnviR display.]

The EON web site doesn't offer a download, but redirects one to the Current Cost website, which has the drivers for the USB serial adapter and some free web based software, but not the original EON branded software.

I've been chasing this for some time with EON with a marked lack of success - last action on their part was to direct me to their FIT team. Not having solar panels (or any other generating capacity) I don't have a FIT number. I also doubt that this noddy clamp on device would be part of a FIT installation.

Anyway, does anyone have a copy of the software?

Or a link to a (safe) site with it posted as a download?

I can read the data via a terminal emulator and at some point may well be tempted to develop some kind of simple analysis tool, but for the moment I would just like to be able to use the software which came with energy monitor.

All in all not the most practical of devices - there isn't even a W8 (onwards) driver for the serial USB adapter.

Free - you get what you pay for.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Well as far as I know the USB adapter is just a generic device. Drivers are most likely already in Win8. It just plugged into my Linux box and worked, that box tells me it is a Prolific Technology pl2303.

The data stream is standard XML, the format is published on the Current Cost website.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

IIRC when I plugged it into my W8.1 box it didn't work.

Then again that was a while back, and it turned out to be pointless because I couldn't find the software.

The Current Cost site supplies drivers up to W7 but doesn't mention anything more modern.

Will check to see if it is recognised.

Standard XML format is fine - all it needs is something to analyse it.

And a TUIT which is sufficiently round.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Here is a link to my dropbox for the CD supplied with my EnviR.

Had BG replace my meters last week so now have a shiny new plaything that monitors Lec & Gas.

Barry

Reply to
Corporal Jones

Thank you Sir - much appreciated. Downloading as we speak.

In other news I received a call from the Eon FIT team this morning because they had been forwarded my contact details but no information about the query.

I had a really good chat with the lady who rang me and she said she would go away and research it and call me back, even though I wasn't a FIT customer.

Probably confusion because I think the monitor was part of an Energy Fit promotion.

Anyway, delightful to talk to someone interested and articulate with a "can do" attitude. Reminds me of what Customer Service used to be like.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Message on the answering machines.

Apparently Eon are no longer supplying the software because they are rolling out Smart Meters.

I'm not convinced that I want a smart meter if it has the capability to control my supply to limit my power usage at peak times.

Still, now I know why I can't find the software (apart from within this NG).

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Realistically, the present models don't have the ability to do that, there's no way a supplier is going to use the remote disconnect as a way to limit demand ...

Reply to
Andy Burns