Entry-level SDS buying query

I suppose that the main discussion over grease (not Greece!) is about the 'jampot' (wotsitcalled?) type of SDS - remember seeing someting about adding grease, possibly due to the right-angle drive.

For the in-line type, the only grease I've ever used is a bit on the drill bit or arbour of the tool. AIUI the action is like a slide-hammer, so the chuck needs to move freely on the tool.

Reply to
PeterC

And after trying to use it yet again - the trigger speed control died (melted plastic internal bit) so I had to have an assistant to unplug and replug between each tedious hole. So I bought a Makita. Should have done this years ago (probably) as I am now offering to fix more hanging basket brackets rather than making excuses... Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Reply to
Geo