Engineer instructions for ADE Concept?

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:50:36 GMT, Ian

mused:

Bin it.

Reply to
Lurch

Hi folks,

Just inhereted an "ADE Concept" 6-zone alarm panel with no instructions.

I've managed to reset everything to factory defaults by erasing the EEPROM and with a bit of fiddling set a user code and engineer code, but the more subtle functions like timings and such are a pain to figure by trial and error, so I was wondering if anyone had one of these and could pass on the secrets? Just a scan of the quick reference page would be a major help (specifically the engineer mode).

I've tried googling but all that seems to turn up are instructions for various "G3" models which this is not - the sequences are quite definately different!

TIA,

Reply to
Ian

That is the intention, but not just yet (it's about #23 on my list of jobs) so I'd like to just make it serviceable for a while without spending any pennies or effort.

Reply to
Ian

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:56:17 GMT, Ian

mused:

As a security engineer I can't give you or tell you where to get engineering manuals. All I can say is you'd be better off binning it and getting a panel that comes with a manual or getting someone in to reprogram it.

I knew you wouldn't want to do either of the above so didn't mention them before.

Reply to
Lurch

It wouldn't be the ADE Concept 6 Engineers Manual (6th one down) at;

it?

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey

I'm not sure, the description mentions "G3" and I have the G3 manuals and they're not the right ones.

Reply to
Ian

Why not?

If the alarm relies on people not knowing The Secret Information In The Big Book, it isn't secure anyway.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:28:26 +0100, Owain mused:

Hence why it's best not to have it publically available. Some people just can't get their head round this though.

Reply to
Lurch

It might be worthwhile you contacting them ( email address on their site) & explaining your problem.

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey