Energy saver bulb with (adjustable) sensor??

I have been very happily using a "15W Osram Dulux EL Sensor Energy Saver" bulb. It's a typical low-energy bulb with a sensor that will switch on/off in dark/light conditions respectively. The differentiating feature is that it has a small dial on the side (that the literature calls an 'electronic dimmer') which lets you adjust the sensitivity of the sensor. This is tremendously useful as otherwise the bulb would stay on for too long. Osram don't appear to make them any more. I can get a typical bulb without adjuster with ease. I'd like to find one that is adjustable. Osram don't make them any more. Does anyone know where I can find an adjustable sensor low-energy light bulb (preferably in the UK with bayonet fitting)? I've searched the web & ngs fairly exhaustively (I think), and e.g. screwfix only have the non-adjustable bulbs. TIA Allan

Reply to
Allan Gould

Nope! cant help you however probably a bit late now but Aldi had plug-in digital timers on offer a few weeks ago(I bought 3 :-) ) whereby i can set the time for the standard lamp/s to come on just as its going dark and also off when its getting light.

Just a thought.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

What's the application you are using it for? Do you adjust the setting in use, or was it just for the initial adjustment and then it's left unchanged? Is it still working?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Allan, contact the company direct through their website and they will be able to point you in the right direction, or possibly send you a couple.

Reply to
john

Already been down that route (Osram). They were very helpful, but they don't make them any more. The suggestion was that they had had problems with the adjuster. Thanks for the idea.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Gould

I tend to set it once and then leave it for ages. Unfortunately the unit I have no longer works (hence the search for a replacement). I've got an ordinary energy saver with sensor in, but it's on for most of the day.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Gould

CPC have them in stock. Go to and search for LP02248 (bayonet cap) or LP02249 (edison screw). Page 1373 of their 2006 paper catalogue. £12.70+VAT

Reply to
Adrian C