energy efficiency

Page 2 of 2
By the way betty_bongo and SCAREY-B.HERE-ON-THE.NET are of the same house hold.
Same problem same bad punctuation ain't that right folks

No.
Punctuation is not as big a problem as close typing. Either use double spacing or break the essay into thought patterns and use a different paragraph for each.
(Even if the change is relatively minor.)
The latter being the more preferable. Like this wot I wrote.

This is a serious fault which needs to be fixed.
Christian.

it be excatly if you dont mind me asking that is,it seems worse when the heating is off and only the water is being heated.

It is called pumping over. It has many deleterious effects. It introduces new air into the system, which is corrosive. It may also dillute the corrosion inhibitor, if the pumping over is severe enough to operate the overflow. It is also extremely energy inefficient, as you are heating a large uninsulated tank of water in a cold location.
The cause is probably that the cylinder heating coil has more resistance than your radiators, causing a large pressure difference either side. The pumped water then has nowhere to go, except up the vent pipe into the expansion tank.
The best fix, if the rest of the system is compatible with the idea, is to convert to a sealed pressurised system, which is a quick and simple fix. Otherwise, you have to tinker about with the lengths and locations of the vent and feed pipes and, possibly, special valves. You could also turn down the pump setting if it is too high.
Christian.
I need the advice of the group. It concerns my central heating and my local housing association.
The facts are like this:
2 years ago the housing group renewed all of my street's heating system etc , apart from ours. The reason they said ours was not done is because it was a relatively new back boiler and did not need replacing.
Our back boiler is a Housewarmer 2 made by Potterton Myson. As far as I am aware this boiler is around the 65% mark of the energy efficiency when guidelines are I think around 78%. When we approached housing they said these are only guidelines and not law.
To cut it short we are due a modernisation soon and it involves new bathrooms, new kitchens etc. We just don't want to be upside down soon after they finish because if they were to finish every thing & then decided our boiler needed updating they would have to rip our kitchen out again in order to fit the combi system.
Please, are there any top notch people who know their stuff to help us with this problem cheers !!!!!!!!!
--
dave @ stejonda (with too much time on his hands)

"dave @ stejonda" wrote:

(snip heroic rewriting)
You have far more patience than I!

Shouldn't that be "more patience than _me_"?
......Flees
mike r
S Viemeister wrote:

Of course note. you say 'more patience than me does'

My dictionary says that commonusage the preposition "than" takkes the accusative case "me".
Unfortunately it says more correct usage is to understand the unspoken verb, and use the nominative "I"
So you and TNP are right.
I'll get me coat
mike r

It appears to me that this person has had the benefit of having a newer boiler than everyone else for some time. Unless everyone has their boilers replaced at the same time it is inevitable that for some of the time they have a newer boiler and for the rest of the time they have an older one. I don't see this as unfair - just life.
The second set of disruption that the OP mentions may or may not be significant. However we have no idea whether this is likely within the next few months or could be ten years off.
Rod
writes

cheers mate

dont want to go through all the mess again.

Why not contact the company and ask them why they've been paid to do it, but haven't? Maybe they'll just do the job to keep things quiet (and from going to some sort of audit). It can't hurt to ask, anyway.
Christian.
good idea mate thanks for the input

but
going

I wish they'd treated your requset with a bit more decency: usually people are very friendly and helpful here.
Regards, NT
thank you very much mate have'nt checked the posting recently so sorry in the delay in the reply,hit the nail right on the head
THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!