energy efficiency

Ed Sirett wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@makewrite.demon.co.uk:

It appears to me that this person has had the benefit of having a newer boiler than everyone else for some time. Unless everyone has their boilers replaced at the same time it is inevitable that for some of the time they have a newer boiler and for the rest of the time they have an older one. I don't see this as unfair - just life.

The second set of disruption that the OP mentions may or may not be significant. However we have no idea whether this is likely within the next few months or could be ten years off.

Rod

Reply to
Rod Hewitt

Tony thanks for the advice on my posting, also the time spent reading my poor English. Another thing I forgot to mention was that the back boiler has been recently power flushed, by the housing association but still there is no change in its behaviour, for example I was working in the loft when I heard a very large noise coming from the tank, so I lifted the off to see a large amount of very hot water spurting from a pipe into what I think is the expansion tank, also the water was spilling over the top and into the hot water which we use for bathing etc.

So would all those chemicals put into the system have been spilled into our hot water, and would that explain why we still have the banging noises etc.

Well I hope this is readable for you and once again thank you for seeing a true problem even if it was through a lot of bad punctuation.

Reply to
<betty_bongo

cheers mate

Reply to
<betty_bongo

dont want to go through all the mess again.

Reply to
<betty_bongo

By the way betty_bongo and SCAREY-B.HERE-ON-THE.NET are of the same house hold.

Same problem same bad punctuation ain't that right folks

Reply to
<betty_bongo

Maxie, what other films do you watch constantly?

Reply to
IMM

This is a serious fault which needs to be fixed.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

S Viemeister wrote in news:3F5FA610.D753A573 @which.net:

My dictionary says that commonusage the preposition "than" takkes the accusative case "me".

Unfortunately it says more correct usage is to understand the unspoken verb, and use the nominative "I"

So you and TNP are right.

I'll get me coat

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

it be excatly if you dont mind me asking that is,it seems worse when the heating is off and only the water is being heated.

Reply to
SCAREY-B.HERE-ON-THE.NET

It is called pumping over. It has many deleterious effects. It introduces new air into the system, which is corrosive. It may also dillute the corrosion inhibitor, if the pumping over is severe enough to operate the overflow. It is also extremely energy inefficient, as you are heating a large uninsulated tank of water in a cold location.

The cause is probably that the cylinder heating coil has more resistance than your radiators, causing a large pressure difference either side. The pumped water then has nowhere to go, except up the vent pipe into the expansion tank.

The best fix, if the rest of the system is compatible with the idea, is to convert to a sealed pressurised system, which is a quick and simple fix. Otherwise, you have to tinker about with the lengths and locations of the vent and feed pipes and, possibly, special valves. You could also turn down the pump setting if it is too high.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Why not contact the company and ask them why they've been paid to do it, but haven't? Maybe they'll just do the job to keep things quiet (and from going to some sort of audit). It can't hurt to ask, anyway.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

good idea mate thanks for the input

Reply to
SCAREY-B.HERE-ON-THE.NET

I wish they'd treated your requset with a bit more decency: usually people are very friendly and helpful here.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

thank you very much mate have'nt checked the posting recently so sorry in the delay in the reply,hit the nail right on the head

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!

SCAREY-B.HERE-ON-THE.NET

No.

Punctuation is not as big a problem as close typing. Either use double spacing or break the essay into thought patterns and use a different paragraph for each.

(Even if the change is relatively minor.)

The latter being the more preferable. Like this wot I wrote.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

This a correction to my earlier post. I take back what I said earlier. (I never read the OP.) You are obviously a prick that does not deserve my easy going frame of mind.

And the punctuation is atrocious. You can't even count and they look like exclamation marks to me -not that I'm interested.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

In message , Gnube writes

Short, and to the point - just remind me, what was the point?

Reply to
geoff