energy efficiency

Page 1 of 2
HI, i need the advise of the group it concerns my central heating and my local housing association the facts are like this 2 years ago the housing group renewed all of my streets heating system etc , apart from ours the reason they said ours was not done is because it was a realitively new back boiler and did not need replacing the back boiler is a housewarmer 2 made by potterton myson as far as i am aware this boiler is around the 65% mark of the energy efficiency when guidelines are i think around 78% when we approached housing they said these are only guidelines and not law to cut it short we are due a modernisation soon and it involves new bathrooms new kicthens etc we just dont want to be upside down soon after they finish because if they were to finish every thing then decided our boiler needed updating they would have to rip our kitchen out again in order to fit the combi system please are there any top notch people who know there stuff to help us with this problem cheers !!!!!!!!!
SCAREY-B.HERE-ON-THE.NET wrote:

Oh my GOD!!! How can you type like that??
--
Grunff

them more readable?
--
geoff

writes

Maxie, do you write without capital letters and full stops too?

writes

No look -the first word in the sentence "Have" starts with a capital, no other word justifies one, and no full stop is required as the sentence terminates with a question mark.
Next stupid question ?
--
geoff

I was not asking for advice on my grammer.Only advice on my heating problem.
writes

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:08:12 +0100, "SCAREY-B.HERE-ON-THE.NET"

In that case you should at least make it easy for those attempting to help you by writing in a way that they can easily follow.
Contributors to this NG (some of whom are professionals) provide help and advice using their time. People are happy to do this and enjoy helping others. Wasting their time in having to make sense of your post because you can't be bothered to spend a few minutes using some punctuation and capital letters is not likely to get you the response that you might like.
It would also behove you to read about Usenet etiquette and not to top post.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall wrote:

I had a private email chat with the OP on this subject, but he was apparently not receptive to my suggestions.
--
Grunff

He might be dyslexic. Whoever thought of that spelling for people being dyslexic? What a cruel bastard. I bet he sells electric showers.

IMM wrote:

I'm no expert on dyslexia, but I was unaware that it prevented you from using punctuation and sentence structure.
PS - aren't you glad you're not in my killfile? ;-)
--
Grunff

No I am not glad, as you are not an expert and cannot help this poor unpunctuated soul with a CH/DHW problem. Please put me in your killfile ASAP.

IMM wrote:

I have *never* claimed to be an expert on HW/CH - but my powers of logical reasoning do appear to be significantly superior to yours.

Hmm, letseee....
No!
--
Grunff

Delusion. Clearly you are suffering from delusion. You may be dyslexic in the head with scattered unpunctuated thoughts. Get it checked out ASAP. It is free on NHS.

This is a clear sign of delusion.

writes

Yup I'm sure IMM's really cracking up now
I wonder how he'll manage to type while wearing a strait jacket (conjures up pictures from the Pink Panther films)
--
geoff

Maxie, what other films do you watch constantly?

Sorry we got bored with your question - and the top posting

--
geoff

writes

This a correction to my earlier post. I take back what I said earlier. (I never read the OP.) You are obviously a prick that does not deserve my easy going frame of mind.
And the punctuation is atrocious. You can't even count and they look like exclamation marks to me -not that I'm interested.

Short, and to the point - just remind me, what was the point?
--
geoff

But only of relevance when the boiler is replaced. The OP said that the HA who owns his place said that as the back boiler was relatively new they would not replace it.
Having said this, it is nonsensical to be throwing public money at totally uneconomic solar panel schemes when a much lesser amount spent here (given that the kitchen and bathroom are being redone) would save a lot more energy.
Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
Imm wrote:

Tony thanks for the advice on my posting, also the time spent reading my poor English. Another thing I forgot to mention was that the back boiler has been recently power flushed, by the housing association but still there is no change in its behaviour, for example I was working in the loft when I heard a very large noise coming from the tank, so I lifted the off to see a large amount of very hot water spurting from a pipe into what I think is the expansion tank, also the water was spilling over the top and into the hot water which we use for bathing etc.
So would all those chemicals put into the system have been spilled into our hot water, and would that explain why we still have the banging noises etc.
Well I hope this is readable for you and once again thank you for seeing a true problem even if it was through a lot of bad punctuation.