Ending a TightVNC session in Windows??

I use VNC to take control of remote desktops round the site, but those running Windows 7 won't run 'RealVNC' but will run 'TightVNC'. Works well but how the heck are you supposed to terminate a session when finished. Using 'RealVNC' F8 brings up a menu allowing you to terminate the session but I cannot find the equivilent in 'TightVNC'. Nor can I find it in the documentation (I can find the UNIX command but not Windows)

refs: realvnc.com tightvnc.com

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

RealVNC Personal Edition works, I believe.

Or use something else such as LogMeIn.

But I think the answer is that you can right-click on the frame of the session and choose various options including some sort of disconnect. Mind, I use so many different combinations I might be getting confused... :-) Or just close the window.

Reply to
polygonum

I've only used RealVNC viewer on Win7 64bit, but to close the session, just exit the viewer client always works fine, closes TCP connection cleanly.

Reply to
Andy Burns

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

Why not just use remote desktop, or am I missing something?

Reply to
geoff

Andrew Mawson :

AAMOI I run RealVNC on W7, no problem.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Just closing the window works .. but realVNC works fine and is more stable, on our network, a mixture of W7 64bit ultimate, W7 32bit ultimate and XP Pro, three desktops, three laptops.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Geoff,

I simply assumed there was a reason. Like the remote machines have no password. But I'd be hard put to choose any form of VNC over RDP if there is no technical limitation.

Reply to
polygonum