end feed cross overs

Hello,

I've used end feed cross over joints; I find them very useful when the cold pipe has to hop over the hot one usually when the pipe is on the "wrong" side for its tap, but I see there are some "half cross over" joints and I have never figured what they are for. Can anyone tell me?

Thanks, Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen

I just used one to tap into an existing pipe, hidden very closely behind another. I didn't have enough room for a full crossover, so used a part crossover into a T rotated through 45o.

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

Also you can form a bridge over several pipes by using a pair of half cross overs and a length of pipe between

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

But they rarely give enough clearance for two layers of 25mm pipe insulation :)

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

If you havent got what you need, a pipe bender should soon produce something.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

It's quite tricky to produce something similar to a crossover using a pipe bender, I've found, if space is tight. It's something a spring and decent soft tube would do better.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What is a crossover? could someone please tell me, as I have never heard of one thanks

Reply to
Crispy Bacon

ARWadsworth

Thanks, much cheaper to use a pipe bender though

Reply to
Crispy Bacon

Maybe.

BTW Are you the old Crispy?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It's a tighter bend than a pipe bender former, and it's much cheaper to buy it somewhere else, such as

Andrew Gabriel

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that. It's a good idea, notwithstanding the other post about the insulation getting in the way.

Reply to
Stephen