enamel paint for gas burner caps?

Hi, can someone advise on what type of enamel paint I will need for gas burner caps on an LPG cooker that I'm restoring?

Screwfix and Halfords sell some (only in black, I think) that's rated up to

650 deg C. LPG burns at a higher temperature than that, although that's presumably the hottest part of the flame, so I'm not sure how hot the burner caps actually get.

Also it would be nice to get paint in various colours :-)

Thanks in advance!

Harry

Reply to
Harry Davis

You could get them Plated or if aluminium Anodised.

Baz

Reply to
Baz

"Baz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

Forgive my ignorance, but what does that actually mean?!

Harry

Reply to
Harry Davis

650 C is a dull red heat, so I doubt if they reach that. Mine are magnetic, so forget anodising if yours are. If you must have colours, talk to someone who makes enamelled ornaments or jewellery.
Reply to
newshound

The enamel on the burner caps is chipped?

I'd try the exhaust paints sold for exhaust manifolds and such, available in pretty much any color so long as it's black. Also "stove paint", this one here googled at random goes to 1200°F/650°C.

Another heat-resistant, less durable, but very easily applied finish: stove blacking. As the name suggests, it's black...

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer