enamel coating on Le Crueset pot- repair?

Dear all, as per subject line, does anyone know whether it's possible to repair one of these pots when the glaze on the inside base has become matt and porous? I can get the thing clean with bleach, but the next time something is cooked in it, it stains again. Can the enamel glaze be bought at a hobby shop and is it practical to fire it at home? Cheers. Jim.

Reply to
Jim Walsh

You shouldn't have to as they have a kifetime guarantee from the manufacturer.

John

Reply to
JohnW

I've never found anything to fix it.

Re-stoving might work. If you can find a kiln.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have found the effective life is about ten years.

"Here, my pots buggered: wot abaht this lifetime guarantee"

"Well Monsieur, it's reached the end of its life!"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My parents have lots of it too, and theirs has all failed the same way.

They also have a couple of very much older enameled saucepans which were bought to warm my baby milk in. They're a different make (probably English), and still in perfect condition, even though used much more over time.

Never liked enameled cast iron saucepans myself anyway. Cast iron and glass both seem to me to have completely the wrong properties for saucepans.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel