Enabling iPad roaming via text

New 3G iPad on orange needs data roaming for imminent trip.

Easiest way on orange appears to be texting[1] but I don't think texting is available on the iPad.

I'm thinking the easiest way would be to swap the micro sim into an iPhone 4 or similar (which still uses micro sim) and send the roaming text (ROAM to 1139 for the daily bundle).

Can anyone think of a problem with this or think of a better way?

[1] Online activation appears to activate only from billing date and texting avoids the hold for the call centre
Reply to
fred

Ooops, wrong group, moved to uk.telecom.mobile

In article , fred writes

Reply to
fred