Emulsion paint

Was wondering if any one had used Indicoat paint. You know the stuff that goes on pink (so you can see where you have painted), but then dries white. B&Q has it reduced from £30 odd to £10 for 10l I was wondering if this price drop was because it was crap and no-one was buying it or whether everyone was just afraid to use it .

Reply to
soup

soup wibbled on Monday 28 September 2009 18:32

Not quite answering the question:

A well placed bright lamp, up or side lighting the work can help - you see the wet paint more clearly against the previous dry coat.

Reply to
Tim W

According to the diy groups it is crap because it does not dry white and discolours quickly. Just a good idea not tested sufficiently before being marketed.

Reply to
ericp

It's crap so I wouldn't bother. I used it on a cieling, a white cieling. B&Q mislead people by suggesting it goes on pink and dries white. It was nothing like stated on TV adverts years ago - they showed it as pink. The paint is WHITE in the tin with a tiny tiny hint of pink, hardly noticable unless you use a really bright light to see which bits you have painted! It did give a bright white finish and has lasted a few years, but the "goes on pink" bit is a complete lie. You would be better buying a good quality white paint and using a light. Fresh paint always covers well anyway. I don't rate it, it's certainly NOT worth £30 and side by side with a tin of Dulux for example, I know which I would buy.

Reply to
Roger

A builder I knew deliberately mixed in a bit of colour on the first coat when painting his own house. The old paint was white, so he could see easily which bits he had missed. Second coat was white, and again he could see at a glance which bits he had missed. The final result was very good.

Reply to
GB

The spec in my last job for structural steelwork was alternate coats of green and grey (micaceus(SP?) iron oxide) so that the surveyor could check for complete coverage of each coat.

Reply to
<me9