Emulsion logic?

Looked at a job yesterday, painting a one room studio flat. White gloss on woodwork, white emulsioned ceiling, white emulsioned walls.

Just got a txt from the lady, could I quote for one coat of white gloss on woodwork, two coats of white emulsion on ceiling, two coats of magnolia emulsion on walls.

Ceiling & walls aren't that bad, can't work out why she wants two coats especially when covering white with magnolia?

Before I ask her why, can anyone see any logic behind this idea?

Customers always right of course, but I can't see the point.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

She's probably used cheap shed emulsion in the past. I got B&Q colours range pale colour once, and not joking, I applied 5 coats to hide the pinkness of the plaster underneath ! Reckon I'd have needed at least 2 coats to cover white. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Dave, think about it, she's a woman !!! lol

Reply to
Kipper at sea

She's probably had another quote from someone else detailing one coat of x, two coats of y etc and wants to compare like with like to see if you're still competative.

NB. I received a quote for redecorating our hall once and the quote went to incredible detail , it even itemised how many rolls of masking tape and disposible knife blades would be needed! - they didn't get the job, (too expensive), but I also didn't like the idea of someone being 'quite' so precise.... too much time at business school and too little actually doing the job??

Mike

Reply to
mike.peppert