ELU DS140 / Dewalt DW685K query

I have been given an ELU DS140 biscuit cutter, the machine is in perfect condition, except for the switch control which as been broken, is it possible for anyone with a part list, to e-mail the page to me showing all the components from the switch to the slider or button as some people might call it. Thank You
--
Regards
Terry Birch

Your nearest De-walt stockist will get you a replacement.
Grouch

Using the FCC number on the Biscuit cutter if available might shed some light of a contact address. Using the FCC number is a good source of the real manufacture of a product. http://www.fcc.gov /
Grouch

Switzerland, Model and Serial numbers on it
--
Regards
Terry Birch

You could have a look to see if it is on the DeWalt American web site in the service section. This is a more comprehensive site than the European ones.
However, since you are looking for a switch then it may not be the same one as in U.S. models.
I would make a call to DeWalt's service department and ask them to look it up. I've always found them pretty good. Then they will give you the part number and the phone number of a distributor where you can order the part.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Terry,
Try www.2helpu.com - Elu/DWalt/B&D technical info site. *Very* creaky and slow website but it does have exploded parts diagrams for most of their kit. I bought a replacement switch for a DWalt belt sander last year and it was only a couple of quid & easy to replace once the case was split.
Mike H.

Regards
Terry Birch
I have just had a look at the ELU site for the biscuit jointer parts I need and it lists a Type 1, 2, and 3 for the DS140 series. I have had a look all over the machine and cannot find any reference to the type. All it lists on the manufacturers self adhesive metal label is: ELU, the model, serial number, RPM and electrical requirements. Can anyone please tell me how to find out which type it is?
--
Regards
Terry Birch

If you looked at the US site it's possible that this model wasn't distributed there or that a 110v version wasn't made.
Hence I would go to the DeWalt UK service organisation.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

each type, caters for both voltages.

Ltd., the software they use is more or less the same as the web page, (except that it's on a CD) that shows three types, and according to their staff who are very obliging and knowledgeable it should show the type on the manufacturers ID plate.
--
Regards
Terry Birch