Elfin Safety...

... he's heard of it.

Mike Tomlinson

I'm feeling slightly sick just from looking. Never been good with heights ...

Reply to
GB

He's not trying

blog.easysafetyschool.com/2011/07/where-is-osha-funny-unsafe-safety.html

Reply to
Eric

Looks like an extremly safe placement.(assumimg the railing is installed properly.)

Reply to
F Murtz

En el artículo , F Murtz escribió:

Would *you* climb on that ladder?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

yeah no probs, once you're on, your weight will stop it going anywhere... apart from falling off sideways what can go wrong?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I'd still tie it off at the bottom, though.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Leaning to the side could cause one foot of the steps to lift, for one thing. After that anything could happen. I've been using steps and ladders all day and every day since 1970 and take my word for it, what that bloke is doing is very dangerous.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

+1
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No chance whatsoever.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I wouldn't, I have a platform to put up on the stairs. It looks pretty safe though, I just don't like ladders much.

Reply to
dennis

Yes, and I often do such things.

Reply to
ARW

Love the bloke standing on the sill to clean his windows on the skyscraper block. Literally gave me a cold chill.

Reply to
Ericp

In message , Mike Tomlinson writes

Probably not but I have used the scaffold board from the landing across to a step on an inclined ladder technique.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Don't wish to alarm anyone but I've done this hundreds of times, it's always felt safer than the times i've put ladders on a sloping roof to get at a higher roof, there, the ladders *can* slip, wheras they can't in that picture

Reply to
Phil L

In reality, I don't see that as particularly dangerous. The ladder is restrained by the railings in such a way that it can't slip (although a touch more "ground" under the feet would be nice). So the main extra risk is the higher drop. However working on a taller ladder could pose the same drop risk.

He lacks the "three points of contact" with the ladder, but then again is nicely wedged up against the wall.

Reply to
John Rumm

Don't watch this then:

John Rumm

I am still getting my breathing back to normal - that was, ummm, pretty much unbelievable. Reminds me a bit of some of the films of skyscraper construction back in the (I guess) 1920s.

Reply to
polygonum

If it's a public access stairway, what's the chance of a few nice children spotting him & deciding to "get involved"?

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

You don't fancy trying that then I guess? ;-)

Somehow seems a bit more exposed than a skyscraper!

Reply to
John Rumm