'elf & safety - TV tower style

Huge..

Remember this thread?. I've just found the bit of vid on this called "Mending Skyscrapers" I'll mail it over to you if you can give me a valid address..

Cheers..

Reply to
tony sayer

Turnpike strikes again...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) scribeth thus

Nah!, its user who's got a bl^^dy cold on the go;!....

Reply to
tony sayer

Mike Harrison :

TheOnLineEngineer.org."

Shame.

Incidentally, not having a go at you personally, but whatever happened to just "safety"? Nowadays the world seems unable to say "safety" without "health and" in front of it, even when the subject is nothing to do with health. At least I assume the video isn't about health - I haven't seen it. :-(

Reply to
Mike Barnes

elfin safety, someone has to think of the poor elves.

Reply to
djc

It went pretty viral - probably worth a search on youtube

Reply to
nicknoxx

Ere you go:

John Rumm

fear at all, the extreme height and lack of protection would render them incapable of doing anything useful.

What's more scary is the thought of climbing down again, when you'd be forced to look down and it would be nowhere near as easy to see where you were putting your feet.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Perhaps its just the realisation that once you are over 30' the outcome is much the same if you fall off. The only variable is how long you get to contemplate the mistake!

Reply to
John Rumm

For most people that realisation doesn't do you much good, and I'd say the border line was rather higher than that. Vertiginous feelings aren't purely the result of rational thought.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Thanks, but I'm not *that* interested!

Reply to
Huge

Yes, but really, why would you?

You're just climbing a ladder, albeit there are a few obstacles on this tower, but you just put one hand after another, one foot after another. Once you get over "having the willies" its just a long hard slog to the top

Reply to
geoff

I suppose the biggest risk is unexpected weather / wind. Still even then if it starts getting too blowy or icey etc you just stop and go down.

Reply to
John Rumm

As we say, there are old climbers, and there are bold climbers. But there are no old, bold climbers.

Reply to
Ron Lowe