Electronics & Wireless World, August, 1989

Hi everybody.

I'm looking for an article on Electronics & Wireless World, August

1989. I don't know exactly how the article is named, but it was about the construction of a Plywood (Satellite) Dish.

If someone can scan it, and send it to snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com or snipped-for-privacy@lycos.es I will be very pleased.

Thanks in advance for your possible replies.

Reply to
telefrancisco

I actually have that issue on my shelf. Is the article you're after the one entitled "Flat Plate Satellite Antenna"? It's just tree pages so I can scan it easily enough. Is you're E-Mail address on here valid? (my E-Mail address here is valid, you can reply to E-Mail and I'll get your message).

Reply to
tinnews

Hi!

Thanks for your soon reply. Yeah, the emails I put here are valid. I don't know how the article is exactly called, because I haven't seen it (I just have references). However, the author is "R. Lambley". Can you confirm this in your article? If that's correct, scan it and send to me, when I you have time :)

Thank you.

Reply to
telefrancisco

OK, I have sent the scanned article, as three separate E-Mails each with one page. Any problems E-Mail me and I can try again.

Reply to
tinnews

Have a look at

principal

Rick... (The other Rick)

Science and sound engineering will always prevail in the end "for nature cannot be fooled" [Feynman]

Reply to
Rick... (The other Rick)

or even

(The other Rick)

Science and sound engineering will always prevail in the end "for nature cannot be fooled" [Feynman]

Reply to
Rick... (The other Rick)

Thank you for both links, I saw it and they are very interesting on satellite topic.

However, my aim is to build a flat dish (based on "Fresnel Zones") not a "real" parabolic dish (although it simulates one).

By the way, have you built one d-i-y dishes (whether parabolic or not) to receive satellites, or just to concentrate sun on them?

Thanks, Francisco.

Reply to
telefrancisco

Hi, currently, I am interested in solar energy, but who knows? tomorrow, I might be interested in satellite reception.

Rick... (The other Rick)

Science and sound engineering will always prevail in the end "for nature cannot be fooled" [Feynman]

Reply to
Rick... (The other Rick)

Reply to
Adrian C

Lol. Good story, however.

However, "my" invention is invented, I'm just trying to re-make it 20 years later (and I'm not planning to sell it, nor making a presentation for US executives -for now :D -)

Regards, Francisco

Reply to
telefrancisco